KSC35 no longer on KOSS site
Feb 18, 2007 at 3:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

DobsOnly

100+ Head-Fier
frown.gif
It's a sad day....

While the KSC35 has been talked about more infrequently in these forums in the past year, it's always been a favorite of mine. I usually check out the KOSS site from time to time and yesterday the KSC35 was missing in action from the website for the first time.

Looks like amazon might have a few left but I imagine when they are gone these wonderful little cans will truely be head-fi history. They were a real eye opener for me when I first came around here in 2004 as far as quality in a small package and were becoming rare even then. These are still my daily knock around favorite. IMHO "Nothing" matches them for sound quality in the portable arena. Not even thier close cousin the KSC75, which is not as balanced to my ears. They have since become harder and harder to aquire. Maybe if we're lucky KOSS will revive them in the future.

R.I.P. KSC35, you'll be missed.................

Feb 18, 2007 at 5:16 PM Post #2 of 38
It was indeed one of my favorite headphones of all time. It was the one that got me more into Head-Fi.
smily_headphones1.gif

I was a real newbie back then and didn't even think about recabling, so when one of the wires broke, I sent it back to Koss for repair (lifetime warranty baby) and they ended up sending me a pair of KSC75. This was when the KSC35 was already "discontinued" but still sold at Koss' website.

I'm still somewhat upset to this day that they replaced it with an inferior model (IMO) and now it does make me sad that it looks like they're gone for good.

Feb 19, 2007 at 5:25 AM Post #6 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Soundscape /img/forum/go_quote.gif
doesn't the portapro use the same driver? if so, wouldn't the ksc earclips on the portapro's sound very similar to the ksc35?

sportapros too ... i snagged mine from jr.com for $13 shipped during a sale. normal price is $20 ....

i like using the drivers on ksc75 clips for comfort and they look more discrete than the silver of the ksc75.

i like the sound of the ksc75 though ...
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2007 at 7:54 AM Post #10 of 38
it truly is a sad day. it's funny that this post came up as i had tried to look for ksc35 on koss' website last week and wasn't able to find them. it was then that i realized that they really had been discontinued.
frown.gif
they have been one of my favorite bang for the buck cans for the longest time. i must've gone through 10 pairs in the past few years either as buying/selling or given away as gifts to friends, whom have all enjoyed them immensely. i always too them for granted, believing that they would always be available but now i'm left without a source for them except in the for sale forum.

Feb 19, 2007 at 10:48 AM Post #12 of 38
Using Google's Cache'd pages I was able to order a set from Koss's web site
eggosmile.gif

Feb 19, 2007 at 12:22 PM Post #13 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshatdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Using Google's Cache'd pages I was able to order a set from Koss's web site
eggosmile.gif

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered three pair.
icon10.gif
The checkout process appeared to freeze at the end of step two but eventually continued. Let's see what happens with the "in stock" issue.

Feb 19, 2007 at 5:51 PM Post #14 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff E /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for the tip. I just ordered three pair.
icon10.gif
The checkout process appeared to freeze at the end of step two but eventually continued. Let's see what happens with the "in stock" issue.

thanks for the tip guys! i never though about doing that. i just ordered 2 pairs and it all went smoothly. it says that the cans will ship within 72hrs so we'll see if they still do have them in stock. keeping fingers crossed...

Feb 19, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #15 of 38
i havent been able to get a pair for years here in the uk. someone should buy as many as possible and then put them up in the fs forum at cost+shipping. id buy 3!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back