KSC35 Deal of ALL Deals
Mar 23, 2004 at 12:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Spyro

Headphoneus Supremus
For the heck of it, on my way home from work today I stopped at Circuit City (Chicago area) to look if they were carrying any new headphones.

I was surprised to see that they had KSC35's and was even more surprised to see that they were priced at $3.99. You got it! 3 dollars and 99 cents. That's what the UPC in-store Circuit City tag on the rack even said and it wasn't even noted as a "special" of any kind. As I was walking up to the register I'm thinking this is too good to be true. With tax, out the door for a whopping total of $4.30. I'm in shock!

I assume this is an error and I wonder how it got by? Wonder if other stores "goofed" as well. What is the price suppose to be, about $49.99? Heck, $4.30 wouldn't even cover the freight cost from China to Milwaukee and out for distribution to the retailers.

These don't sound like no $4.00 headphones heh! heh!

Any "steals" like this happen to anyone else with headphones at the retail level?

Mar 23, 2004 at 12:31 AM Post #2 of 19
How about <$1 at my local Fry's!
wink.gif

Mar 23, 2004 at 12:36 AM Post #3 of 19
o_O
man i gots check it out.. how does the package look like?

Mar 23, 2004 at 12:54 AM Post #6 of 19
It was the Carpentersville, IL. location. It was the last pair on the rack or I would have picked up a 1/2 dozen or so.

I would just go on-line and start calling all the CC locations in your area and just ask them if they have them and how much.

Man...if they had any clue what they're worth
600smile.gif

Mar 23, 2004 at 2:06 AM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally posted by Spyro
Any "steals" like this happen to anyone else with headphones at the retail level?

The Philips HP170s were going for $9.99 at all RiteAids across the country a few months back. And then there was the $31 CD780s refurbs at eCost awhile back. That was my lucky grab.

Anyone else confirm this in another part of the country?

Mar 23, 2004 at 2:59 AM Post #12 of 19
Just had the Daly City, CA store check their computer. No KSC35s at any Bay Area stores, nor do they even have the item listed as out of stock. Just lower quality phones in the inventory like the Plugs and KSC22s.

Mar 23, 2004 at 3:03 AM Post #13 of 19
They probably just found an old carton that's been overlooked in some back storeroom for the last year or two.

But just in case, I might pop in to the local CC tomorrow since I'll be driving by anyway.
biggrin.gif

Mar 23, 2004 at 3:24 AM Post #15 of 19
I got a bunch of pairs at CC for 15$ a pop at circuit city. I sold most of them and gave a few to friends. Kinda sucks i don't have any for myself now. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back