KSC-75's lacking
Jun 13, 2007 at 2:41 AM Post #32 of 49
The bass is not loud if thats what you're used too. Marshmallows have loud bass, but thats probably their best quality. Like others say to get the best bass from the KSC75 is to make sure they cover your ears snuggly. My only complaint is that the bass doesn't go low enough - seems to roll off pretty steeply at around 60 hz. Hell, most really nice speakers do that too and for 20 bucks, man what a legend in phones! There is plenty of the punchy bass (60-200 hz) though no doubt. These aren't bass head phones though.

Jun 13, 2007 at 2:49 AM Post #33 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by a shovel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
KSC35 + 60ohm resistors.

Get the 75 Ohm. I did and really like the sound with my Red Tomahawk.

Jun 13, 2007 at 2:56 AM Post #34 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
About $120 iirc.

iirc?
confused.gif

Jun 13, 2007 at 3:01 AM Post #35 of 49
I also got mine recabled. They look really nice with the white cables and the gray tech flex!

Jun 13, 2007 at 3:42 AM Post #36 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clincher09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
iirc?
confused.gif

Stands for "if i recall correctly".

the rp-22x costs about $20 more than the rp-21. I think.

Jun 13, 2007 at 3:53 AM Post #37 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stands for "if i recall correctly".

the rp-22x costs about $20 more than the rp-21. I think.

Oh ok, and do you know a place where I can order them online?

Jun 13, 2007 at 4:11 AM Post #38 of 49
looks like $119 at fullcompass, 8thstreet.com, couple other places.

I'd tell you to buy 'em from don hindenach but i don't think he stocks the 22x

Jun 13, 2007 at 4:16 AM Post #40 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clincher09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've tried them with different sources and compared them to different phones, my marshmallows had more bass than the ksc75's, so I'm positive it's the 75's.

Its all relative. Compared to the FX33, they will lack bass. The FX33 is my most bass-heavy can. Compared to car audio they will lack bass. So its all relative. IMHO they are too bassy for my tastes. I haven't followed this thread, so if others have not already suggested it, try bending the earclips for a tighter fit.

Jun 13, 2007 at 4:19 AM Post #41 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Max F /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The bass is not loud if thats what you're used too. Marshmallows have loud bass, but thats probably their best quality. Like others say to get the best bass from the KSC75 is to make sure they cover your ears snuggly. My only complaint is that the bass doesn't go low enough - seems to roll off pretty steeply at around 60 hz. Hell, most really nice speakers do that too and for 20 bucks, man what a legend in phones! There is plenty of the punchy bass (60-200 hz) though no doubt. These aren't bass head phones though.

1. I haven't heard any $20 speaker system produce deep bass.

2. Comparing headphones to speakers is unfair.

3. I highly doubt a $20 speaker setup will sound even half as natural as a KSC75.

Jun 13, 2007 at 5:21 AM Post #42 of 49
Depending on your source I think the KSC 75s offer good bass. If your source doesn't supply it though I would consider using an amp. When I used my iPod rig the iBasso significantly improved the bass response on my KSCs.

Jun 13, 2007 at 5:32 AM Post #44 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by qazwsx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1. I haven't heard any $20 speaker system produce deep bass.

2. Comparing headphones to speakers is unfair.

3. I highly doubt a $20 speaker setup will sound even half as natural as a KSC75.

Uhh... he said he liked them. He only said that the KSC75 has a flaw shared by much more expensive speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back