KSC 75's available in Canada?
Aug 12, 2005 at 3:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

Heyyoudvd

500+ Head-Fier
I own a pair of PortaPro's and SR-60's however for a long time now I've been using my stock iPod buds for portable use because the other two just aren't any good for that. Honestly, the iBuds aren't nearly as bad as many make them out to be but I'd still like better sound quality. The Grado's are too large, fragile, and leaky to carry around and my PP's are broken. One of the black plastic sliders has broken off, not only causing the headphones to slide freely, but the band no longer stays flat and thus it digs against my scalp. Also, both ear pieces on the PP's exhibit slight scratching/rustling noises, leading me to believe that the wires inside are loose (I had the same problem with my Grado's last year but sent them in to be repaired).

Anyways, I'm not sure how to go about getting them repaired, or how much it will cost me (I'm waiting for an email response from Koss), but after reading all the amazing reviews for the KSC 75's on this board, I'm considering getting them.

Now I have a few questions.

1. First and foremost, how can I get them from here in Toronto? I can't find any retailers that carry them and I don't know of any good, reliable headphone sites that carry them and will ship here. Also, the lower the price the better.

2. I plan on putting them on and taking them off quite regularly (I'm in college) so I'm wondering if A. it's fairly easy to do and B. do the headphones have any rough or pointy edges? Because I want to be able to just toss them in my pocket with my iPod without fear of breaking the headphones or scratching upthe iPod.

3. I've never worn clip-on headphones before. Will it be a problem if I wear a baseball cap and sometimes glasses?

4. How should I expect them to sound compared to the PP's? I know the bass isn't as bloated but overall is the sound a huge drop in quality (considering the PP's have an MSRP that is 2.5 times higher)?

Thanks. I really appreciate the help.

Aug 12, 2005 at 4:26 PM Post #4 of 39
oh btw, i dont really like wearing earclip/behind-the-neck....or any other phones that have some plastic going around my ears. I wear spec too, and often I find that my ears get sore after some time. you may find it rather uncomfortable when you just started to use it for the first few weeks. I still believe that earphone/canalphone are the best for portable use
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 12, 2005 at 7:18 PM Post #6 of 39
Does Amazon.com ship to Canada? Because they have them in stock for $14.90 USD.

And Amazon.ca doesn't sell any sort of consumer electroncs at all. Just books, software, music, and video.

*Edit*
Damn, looks like they don't.

Aug 12, 2005 at 9:21 PM Post #7 of 39
no idea how long it takes for them to restock, their ETA isnt very accurate either even if you were to call them up. on ebay, creative's store seems to carry the ksc35 for a rather cheap price...but shipping is 20 bucks
eek.gif

it's best if you vould get someone in the states to get it for you, and ship it over
smily_headphones1.gif
it only cost around USD15 for the ksc 75...and you may not need to pay the taxes
icon10.gif

Aug 12, 2005 at 9:40 PM Post #8 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Heyyoudvd

And Amazon.ca doesn't sell any sort of consumer electroncs at all. Just books, software, music, and video.

*Edit*

www.international-orders.com

but the shipping handling and brokerage (no tax yet!) will probably be like, $25 lol.

Aug 12, 2005 at 10:28 PM Post #9 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Heyyoudvd

*Edit*

Yes, Amazon.com does ship to Canada.

Aug 12, 2005 at 10:49 PM Post #10 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick
www.international-orders.com

but the shipping handling and brokerage (no tax yet!) will probably be like, $25 lol.

LOL, I just checked and the headphones themselves only come to $18.26 CDN but the total order is a whopping $61.25 CDN. They want $8.04 for US shipping and then $34.95 CDN to send it here. And I'm pretty darn close to the US border and in a major city. To add insult to injury, it's not even fast shipping. Amazon itself says 1-2 business days for the US but to send it across the border with this company, it's a ridiculous 10-14 business days.

Heh, I think I'll pass.
tongue.gif

Aug 12, 2005 at 11:48 PM Post #11 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by OracleGuy
Yes, Amazon.com does ship to Canada.

only for books, cds, dvds, etc

Aug 13, 2005 at 2:14 AM Post #12 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick
only for books, cds, dvds, etc

indeed, electronic items is one of the exceptional stuff that Amazon.com doesnt ship out of the states. And Amazon.ca carries crap
icon10.gif

Aug 13, 2005 at 3:02 AM Post #14 of 39
I agree with finding someone in U.S. to purchase it and ship it to you. There must be at least one nice audiophile on Head-Fi who'd do it for you
biggrin.gif
or maybe you have a relative or friend is U.S.

also if you mark the package as a gift for customs, no taxes apply for the first $60.

Aug 13, 2005 at 3:38 AM Post #15 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nights_85
why dont you just order them off the koss website? I got quoted for approx $40AU and considering you live much much closer to the US than I do it should be MUCH cheaper

How did you order them?
I'm at Koss.com and it's telling me I must use a US address.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back