ksc 75 vs grado sr60?
Dec 14, 2007 at 1:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 70

goober-george

1000+ Head-Fier
I've known that koss ksc75 were a highly rated headphone for a while, but in a recent thread that I just read some were saying the grado sr 60s are not worth it because the ksc 75 are almost just as good. What are your takes on this? Should I just skip the grado sr60s and buy ksc 75s? Just so you know this is my first step into the audiophile world.

Dec 14, 2007 at 2:08 AM Post #2 of 70
Something is always nearly as good as whatever you are looking at. Only you can decide if the extra you pay is worth it for you. For what its worth, having owned all 3, the Koss KSC75s are nearly as good sounding as Sennheiser PX100s, which are nearly as good sounding as Grado SR60s. Is it worth spending more than the $20 or so for the Koss - only you can decide how big your pocket is and how important the upgrade is. For what its worth you might also consider purpose - the Grados are not very portable if it is for an iPod or similar, whereas the Koss phones are. If they are for home use then thats not an important consideration.

Dec 14, 2007 at 2:08 AM Post #3 of 70
As a first step, most would recommend grado. Just don't get the sr125. Most people start off with 60/80 and upgrade to 225 but if you just want to take a dip first, ksc75 is good.

There's tons of people that even after spending $X on higher end models, they love their SR80/60 a lot.

Dec 14, 2007 at 3:39 AM Post #4 of 70
Or you could do what I did, that being dive right into the Alessandro ms1 and never look back. If I'm Listening at home, these are my cans. I don't need anything better(read: more expensive) because this is all I could ask for out of my music. And on a side note, the pk2 are a very similar sound for portable jamming out.

By the way I also own the 75's and they are very good, but can't hold a candle to my ms1's.

Dec 14, 2007 at 3:46 AM Post #5 of 70
If you want a grado, the iGrados will give you a taste of the house sound and they sound better than the KSC-75s. Plus, they're portable and cheaper than the SR-60s.

Dec 14, 2007 at 6:29 AM Post #6 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by zumaro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Something is always nearly as good as whatever you are looking at. Only you can decide if the extra you pay is worth it for you. For what its worth, having owned all 3, the Koss KSC75s are nearly as good sounding as Sennheiser PX100s, which are nearly as good sounding as Grado SR60s. Is it worth spending more than the $20 or so for the Koss - only you can decide how big your pocket is and how important the upgrade is. For what its worth you might also consider purpose - the Grados are not very portable if it is for an iPod or similar, whereas the Koss phones are. If they are for home use then thats not an important consideration.

yeah, I just have no idea how big or small the difference is.

Dec 14, 2007 at 6:53 AM Post #8 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by deusofhearts /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the ksc-75's are so cheap that it would be a waste NOT to try them.

No, you really shouldn't think like that. Get what you want. I recommend trying SR60's regardless. If you don't like the Grado's you probably won't like the KOSS either...

Dec 14, 2007 at 7:03 AM Post #9 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrookR1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you want a grado, the iGrados will give you a taste of the house sound and they sound better than the KSC-75s. Plus, they're portable and cheaper than the SR-60s.

According to you they sound better. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that prefer the KSC75.

Dec 14, 2007 at 7:35 AM Post #10 of 70
The KSC75 is great... given the fact that it's only $20. It's a great "gateway drug" to the world of good sound, and as a gift to an iBud-toting friend, or for when you're on a strict budget, it can't be beat. That being said, it just can't hold a candle to more expensive, serious headphones - and the SR60 definitely falls into that category. Since you're ready for your "first step into the audio world", make it a big one, and get the SR60.

Dec 14, 2007 at 7:40 AM Post #11 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yukon Trooper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
According to you they sound better. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there that prefer the KSC75.

Only the people that have heard both prefer the iGrados.

Dec 14, 2007 at 7:41 AM Post #12 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrookR1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only the people that have heard both.

zing!

Dec 14, 2007 at 7:46 AM Post #13 of 70
KSC75 sounds better to me than PX100. Especially with an amp. Anyone else feel the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back