ksc 75 mods(the complete list)
May 4, 2006 at 2:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

mattg3

500+ Head-Fier
Just a request on my part since I only know the circular hole cut in the pad(Ive never done it).Would love this thread to be a place where all the mods to this incredible phone could be placed along with pictures.thanks to radio shack sale this week i think a lot of us have enough of these phones to do some sonic experiments. thanks to all who reply.

May 4, 2006 at 3:09 PM Post #2 of 3
I feel compelled to mention things like this when I feel like the FotM syndrome is going over the top:

Let's be clear for those who haven't heard them- the KSC-75s are only an "incredible" phone at the $20 pricepoint.

I'd characterize them only as "surprisingly competitive" (they don't get beaten by many or by very much) in the "under $100" category (which, it should be noted, is very high praise), and "thoroughly outclassed" by every decent phone in the "under $200" category.

This isn't to say I don't love them- I used the PortaPros for years as my portable phone until I just recently replaced them with E5Cs- nor that they're not worth monkeying with to see how you can make them even better to your ears.

They're an incredible 'value' phone would be more accurate IMO, and wouldn't be so misleading.

May 4, 2006 at 6:42 PM Post #3 of 3
My favorite mod is to get a pair of RadioShack pads, take a large socket from a socket wrench and hammer it over the center of the pad to cut a nice circular hole. This mod brightens up the highs and makes the KSC75 even more 'Grado-like'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back