KSC-75 Hat/Beanie Mod
Mar 23, 2008 at 7:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

alexpea

100+ Head-Fier
I don't know if this has been posted before, so I'll just go right ahead and share my story.

I bought a pair of KSC75's in Tallinn last week. They sounded great, but I was shocked with the bad comfort they provided. Then I read up some headband-mod-threads and thought of buying another set og phones just to use their headband. But then I got the idea to stuff the phones into a hat/beanie. I bought the hat for 2 dollars on a local supermarket. The material is 100% polyester fleece. The bottom of the hat is double-layer, so it's like a channel around the bottom edge. Perfect for stuffing the phones into!!
cool.gif

So that's what I did. Removed the clip-ons first of course. Cut a little hole in the back of the neck and stuffed the phones into each direction of the channel - to lead them into position where the ears are located. The channel is just big enough to hold them in place all the time, so I don't need to fasten them in there. I then fixed the hole in the back with thread and needle. I also cut some small holes in the hat where the phones are located. To let more treble pass through. Almost like a second-level of kramer mod. I don't bother experimenting more with this cutting now, cuz I'm perfectly happy with how things sound. And the comfort - OMG!!! It's splendid. A little unconvenient to use outside on summerdays, but nice for cold wather or just listening alone in your room. Like I'm doing now
biggrin.gif

dsc02088ym1.jpg

Mar 23, 2008 at 8:20 PM Post #4 of 14
I just put my KSCs on normally and pull my beanie on over them. It puts the drivers closer to your ears and makes them sound better.

Mar 23, 2008 at 8:59 PM Post #5 of 14
The box they're plugged into is a m-audio firewire solo external soundcard.

Mar 23, 2008 at 9:43 PM Post #6 of 14
I swear I am going to do this for the winter months next year.

Mar 23, 2008 at 9:51 PM Post #7 of 14
Just a thought, but what do you do when the beanie becomes smelly and needs a wash!
confused.gif

Mar 23, 2008 at 9:54 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by rain_uk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a thought, but what do you do when the beanie becomes smelly and needs a wash!
confused.gif

Like every other beanie? I wash it. It simple to pull out the phones, really. I was thinking about doing a sunglasses-mod as well now as the summer is closing in
biggrin.gif

Mar 24, 2008 at 9:13 AM Post #10 of 14
Greetings from Tallinn!
Would like to know whrere did you find the KSC75's in Tallinn and what did you pay? I know anly one place in central Tallinn wich carries yhem and to local standards the price is are little bit too high. Great cheap phones, though.

Mar 24, 2008 at 9:35 AM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by minisvami /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Greetings from Tallinn!
Would like to know whrere did you find the KSC75's in Tallinn and what did you pay? I know anly one place in central Tallinn wich carries yhem and to local standards the price is are little bit too high. Great cheap phones, though.

Hello! Wow, an estonian on here! I was actually thinking about how great it would be to be guided to nice stores in Tallinn by a local-citizen. I went to ELFA, which has a great online site, but that strore was only a tiny tiny tiny little shop with almost enough room for a desk. Ehm, I found the KSC75's at the electronic apartment in Stockmann. Paied 295 eek which equals $28,99. I know I could have bought it online for half the price, but then the shipping would probably add up to that amount anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

I will post more photos later today! Just recently got up from bed and have some stuff to do. Back to you later!

Mar 24, 2008 at 10:28 AM Post #13 of 14
I was also wondering where in Tallinn you managed to find them. I ordered a pair for a friend from Germany and the shipping costs were higher than the price of the headphone itself. Now I gotta go and see if they're really for sale in Stockmann.

Mar 24, 2008 at 11:30 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by s4nder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was also wondering where in Tallinn you managed to find them. I ordered a pair for a friend from Germany and the shipping costs were higher than the price of the headphone itself. Now I gotta go and see if they're really for sale in Stockmann.

By the TVs in the electronic section. There's a small room beside who sell games and DVDs. There were plenty of KSC75's there. Good luck
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back