KSC-75 cheap
Mar 5, 2006 at 3:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

vorlon1

500+ Head-Fier
In case anyone is interested, as of today Radio Shack has KSC-75's on sale for $15.00.

Mar 5, 2006 at 6:19 PM Post #3 of 21
But it comes with the volume control, yuck!

Actually I was going to go to rat shack today to buy a pack of spare pads. For 10 bucks more, I guess I could get these, then use the pads off it, keep the clips for spares, and, uh, leave the rest in a pile. I dunno...

Mar 5, 2006 at 6:34 PM Post #4 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn

Actually I was going to go to rat shack today to buy a pack of spare pads. For 10 bucks more, I guess I could get these, then use the pads off it, keep the clips for spares, and, uh, leave the rest in a pile. I dunno...

That volume control cable is just inviting itself to be replaced. For me it will be some decent recabling practice.

Mar 5, 2006 at 7:28 PM Post #5 of 21
Having read some very complimentary things about these phones here, I have to say that they are surprisingly good. I go about town illegally driving with Ety 4 P's stuck in my ears and I thought I'd check these out at that el cheapo price, just to see what all the raves are about. They are extremely clean sounding and well balanced, not at all muddy. The detail is surprisingly good and they are enjoyable to listen to, so all the KSC 75 fans are certainly on to something. They definitely sound better amped rather than just running out of an Ipod (very nice out of my Go-Vibe 2), and at least for me, they are quite comfortable.
580smile.gif

Mar 5, 2006 at 7:33 PM Post #7 of 21
just splice out the volume slider and theyre just fine
biggrin.gif
I did that on my KTX Pro1. IMHO the volume slider does not affect the sound any, its just a little inconvenmient.

IMHO...
Garrett

Mar 5, 2006 at 8:52 PM Post #8 of 21
Got a pair of them here in england last week, no suprises that they are more expensive in pounds than the price is in dollars (ie more than double the price) and the sound on them is great, however the clip sheared off within a day and didnt go back in properly, making the headphones as good as useless

Mar 5, 2006 at 9:06 PM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn

And they require that you have an audio device with a headphone jack! Yikes! What kind of twisted weirdos are they, anyhow!

Actually, that hated volume control comes in very handy when you encounter, and you will, a hissy amp in portable gear. I wouldn't toss it aside so cavalierly.

Mar 5, 2006 at 9:11 PM Post #10 of 21
Just got back from the shack with em...they sound pretty good, i will let em warm up a bit though before I draw any conclusions. But for $16.15 after tax I am sure I won't be dissapointed.

$13.99 on amazon is a great deal too, too bad I didn't check that out. Oh well...a couple bucks more spent for instant gratification today.

Mar 8, 2006 at 5:49 AM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by megawzrd
$13.99 on amazon is a great deal too...

Did you check to see how much the shipping is? Tain't free.. It's about $6.50 to ship 'em to my house.

I hate to say it, but the Shack's got 'em beat this time. Maybe getting rid of that liar CEO did the trick, ya think?

Mar 8, 2006 at 6:31 AM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by wualta
Did you check to see how much the shipping is? Tain't free.. It's about $6.50 to ship 'em to my house.

I hate to say it, but the Shack's got 'em beat this time. Maybe getting rid of that liar CEO did the trick, ya think?

You could order a cd with it to get the free shipping on an order over $25

or

3 months free Amazon Prime makes it free shipping for me...
Heck I think Amazon Prime is a pretty sweet deal even at $79 a year once the trial is up. I order stuff from amazon at least once a month...I would basically be paying ~$6.50 a month for unlimited 2 day shipping (as long as its not a marketplace vendor). Check it out.

Mar 8, 2006 at 6:09 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by megawzrd
You could order a cd with it to get the free shipping on an order over $25

I don't know which Amazon.com you guys are looking at, but mine isn't offering free shipping, $25 purchase or no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back