KSC-55 v PMX-60 for the gym?
Mar 21, 2006 at 11:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

redrich2000

Headphoneus Supremus
I know that the KSC-55 will have better SQ but my main concern here is comfort and stability during cardio workouts. I won't be wearing them for longer than an hour so slight discomfort should be bearable.

What do you think? thanks.

Mar 21, 2006 at 11:56 PM Post #3 of 9
The PMX60's are pretty comfortable, and will stay on your head while you're working out. However, it might be a bit of a nuissance if you wear glasses (but still manageable).

It should be noted that these phones leak ALOT, so if you don't care if other people hear your music while you're working out, then you should get them.

From other threads I've read, although the 55's have better sound quality, they can become uncomfortable after awhile.

Mar 22, 2006 at 3:02 AM Post #4 of 9
The KSC-55 will rub that bit of skull behind your ears raw if you let them. The PMX-60 are much more comfortable, there's also the PMX-100 which look interesting
biggrin.gif

Mar 24, 2006 at 2:14 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by mapleleafs
The PMX60's are pretty comfortable, and will stay on your head while you're working out. However, it might be a bit of a nuissance if you wear glasses (but still manageable).

It should be noted that these phones leak ALOT, so if you don't care if other people hear your music while you're working out, then you should get them.

From other threads I've read, although the 55's have better sound quality, they can become uncomfortable after awhile.

So what do you think of the SQ on the PMX-60, is it awful? I not that fussed with sound, as long as its half decent I'll be happy. I would be using an iPod so could use bass boost EQ setting if needed.

Mar 24, 2006 at 11:08 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Preshure0617
i heard the pmx100 has the same driver as px100 (makes sense lol) you should try it and post review for the rest of us gym folks

Its the PMX-60 I'm getting, not the PMX-100. I'm getting the PMX-60s for about $30AUD, the PMX-100s were too expensive for the gym.

I will post my impressions though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back