KSC-50 with sunglasses?
Jul 11, 2002 at 2:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dinosauract

100+ Head-Fier
Does anyone have experience using the Koss KSC-50 while wearing glasses or sunglasses? I'd mainly be using these around the pool or beach on weekends, so the portabilty and low price (on sale for 12.99 at CC) are very appealing. But I would definitely be wearing sunglasses at the same time, and it seems like things would be getting a little crowded behind my ears.

Also, I picked up the HD-497 for $34.99 last night at CC. Last pair they had, and the Sennheiser seal on the package was broken. Everything else was perfectly in place and looked brand new. I asked the manager if they had any more. He checked and they did not. I told him I was reluctant to buy an open package, and he said he's sell them to me for half-price and I could return them if I wasn't happy. So, why not? I listened just for a minute or two last night. Good sound overall, but not very dynamic or detailed, running off my Bryston pre-amp, which has an excellent headphone section. I'm sure they need some run-in. Also, comfort was just OK, they feel pretty tight, might need stretched. And with my big ears, they are definitely supra-aural, not semi-circumaural, or whatever I've heard them described as. Overall, they show promise so far, but 580's they ain't.

Jul 11, 2002 at 9:51 PM Post #2 of 4
Some will work, others will not. There should be room behind/top of your ear for the KSC-50 clip and the glasses. Sports glasses with thin arms will work.

Jul 12, 2002 at 12:44 AM Post #3 of 4
I haven't had much success with the KSC-50/sunglasses combo. As Magicthys suggested, perhaps sports sunglasses will work better. You know the ones with the arms that do not wrap around your ear, but rather project straight back and press into the side of your head.
cool.gif

Jul 12, 2002 at 1:04 AM Post #4 of 4
I wear glasses and my KSC50's fit me fine. The fit probably depends on the shape of your ears.

I also have the HD497's and they're circumaural for me. My ears fit fine within the earpads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back