KSC-50 = Very good!
Apr 13, 2003 at 11:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

stan23

500+ Head-Fier
Just got a pair of KSC-50s a few days ago, and I am truly impressed! They seem to possess the exact sound I was looking for in a portable headphone.. My first listen was literally like when I first got a good seal with the ETYs. Very musical and just fun sounding.

I know its kinda early to judge, but to my ears they sound a bit better than the D66 Eggos. I don't have a problem with fit and comfort either.

Imagine the D66 eggo, pump up the 'fun' and 'wow' factor by a notch, increase the low end and make them a tad more foward sounding and you got yourself the KSC-50!

The *only* problem I have with these cans is that they sound so good, I feel like turning up the music higher---and---higher..

I'll do a full review and / or comparison with the D66 after some more listening.

stan
(on a quest to find the *perfect* portable setup)

Apr 13, 2003 at 11:44 PM Post #2 of 41
Glad you like them! [size=xx-small](down with the eggos!)[/size]

Do they stay on very well? I'm probably going to pick up a pair of these for biking to school.

Apr 13, 2003 at 11:46 PM Post #3 of 41
For me, they stay on pretty well. I can go jog with them and they don't fall out.

But.. one ear seems to fit better than the other.. (isn't that always the case?
tongue.gif
)

Apr 14, 2003 at 12:55 AM Post #5 of 41
Personally I find KSC35/50/portapros that share the same drivers, with KSC35 being the best sounding, is too grainy to fully compete with D66 soundwise which is more refined without being laidback. I've been thinking about doing a KSC35/D66 comparison but in the end I just feel it's a bit unfair on the KSC35 as they were never in the same pricerange.

Apr 14, 2003 at 2:37 AM Post #9 of 41
amazon.com for $11.64, and if you get something else to bump your price over $25, free shipping.

glad you like 'em!

rizumu: they are somewhat secure for me, but not THAT secure -- jumping would cause the ksc-50 to fall off of my ears, but biking would be fine.

Apr 14, 2003 at 2:40 AM Post #10 of 41
I liked how mine sounded as well. Unfortunately they were unconfortable as hell for me. I just couldn't keep them securely attached to my ears, and they felt too heavy.

I have the KSC-35 and am very pleased, although I have a feeling they'll be getting a lot less use after my Ety 4S arrives.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 14, 2003 at 2:48 AM Post #11 of 41
I liked them, but they felt too flimsy for me and I couldn't turn the volume up without the design causing distortion in the sound. The spring design caused the drivers or something to vibrate too much when the volume went up, so you got this weird metallic sound like when you talk into a fan.

Apr 14, 2003 at 3:02 AM Post #14 of 41
After reading more about the KSC-50, im convinced that its all in the fit. Some people say they don't sound good... and some say they sound better than the KSC-35. I'm pretty sure unless they sit snug in your ear they won't sound their best. For me, they fit nice and snug. No complaints.

The sound is unbelievable for $20!

smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 14, 2003 at 3:24 AM Post #15 of 41
Does anyone have comments on the KSC-55? Looks like they have the same drivers, and they'd have a more natural fit, one you wouldn't have to think about. And at $20, they look like a good casual-headphone recommendation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back