KSC-50 durability
Nov 14, 2001 at 12:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

citroeniste

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone else had problems with the clips of their KSC-50's breaking? My right earpiece is gone, the flexible part cleaved off and a ragged white plastic stump containing a concentric thin wire left in its wake. Quite irritating, because they're the closest thing I have to good music reproduction until my Sennheiser '580s rejoin me in December.

True, I wore them quite a bit, like every day, but consider that I
bought them in mid-September. I didn't play with the clips except to adjust them for the different glasses I wear.

I have of course e-mailed Koss (several days ago), but rather uncharactistically, have not yet gotten a reply.

Peace,

Jay

NP:

Nov 14, 2001 at 3:33 PM Post #2 of 4
Did you consider that you emailed them before/during a holiday weekend?

I don't use my KSC-50s that much, but they do seem fragile enough to break if put through something more then regular use, and the wire is popping out of the cord. Koss generally is regarded as having really good service however, so once they respond I am sure you will be helped.

Nov 25, 2001 at 2:50 AM Post #3 of 4
I heard from Koss. My e-mail must have bounced around for a while, because the person who e-mailed me was in Switzerland. The good part is that Koss has an authorised service centre here in Vienna and will fix my KSC-50s there, with the caveat that it may take a while, as the parts probably have to be ordered.

So, two cheers to Koss! (I'm holding back the third cheer until I get the '50s back on my head.)

PS: I wasn't aware of a major American holiday occurring between Halloween and Thanksgiving, and I've lived there for most of my life....

Nov 25, 2001 at 6:48 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

PS: I wasn't aware of a major American holiday occurring between Halloween and Thanksgiving, and I've lived there for most of my life....

Veterans day, it isn't exactly a major holiday but many people take 3 day weekends and sometimes take small vacations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back