KSC-35's and classical music - good combo?
Jan 27, 2002 at 10:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Superbaldguy

1000+ Head-Fier
I have a pair of KSC-35's coming directly from Koss, and I'm quite excited about getting them after hearing so much praise for these cans. I will be, primarily, using them with my D-EJ925.

How well do the KSC-35's work for classicals and jazz? I know the MDR-E888's are superb in this respect, but I had originally thought I'd want the new Koss headphones strictly for rock, but would I be happy with their performance listening to less bassy and more detailed sound of classical CD's?

Jan 27, 2002 at 11:21 PM Post #2 of 4
They certainly aren't as good as some higher-end phones for classical and jazz, but I use them for both at times. The fact that they are a very balanced headphone makes them good for classical and jazz, since both music types contain content throughout the audible spectrum.

Jan 27, 2002 at 11:23 PM Post #3 of 4
I have to agree with MacDef. The Koss 35's are just a great all around lil headphones. I listen to alot of classical music and the Koss do justice to it. There fun to listen to and are comfy like heck. You won't go wrong with it trust me.

Jan 27, 2002 at 11:31 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks, guys.

I'm awfully glad I opted to get the KSC-35's, as they enjoy a big cult follwing. I'm satisfied that these and my MDR-E888's will cover just about all my portable audio needs.
smily_headphones1.gif

How do they fare with edgy rock music? I'm not a headbanger, but like a lot of classic rock. (Led Zeppelin, The Who, Rush) Some Rush CD's sound particularly incredible....I want those KSC-35's to arrive, tomorrow.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back