ksc-35
Feb 26, 2002 at 4:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

arbntmare

New Head-Fier
i think i am going to go with the ksc-35 for my active listening including working out and running... there is only one thing i read on the forum that they can be replaced anytime they break, is that true even tho they might be discontinued??? on another note.. why is amazon out of stock of them, where is a cheaper place to get them?

thank you guys and this is my first post!

Feb 26, 2002 at 5:32 PM Post #2 of 14
hi Arb! Welcome to the forum!
smily_headphones1.gif

Koss has a lifetime warranty on all their phones. You simply have to send them in and pay a S&H fee and they'll fix em. They are very good on honoring that warranty as I can attest from personal experience.

As for the 35s, they are indeed discontinued but are still available in a few places:
1) remaindered at some Circuit City stores (though not in my part of the world!) Some report seeing these as low as $10.
2) on eBay, generally going new or semi-new for $20-$25.
3) from Koss direct (check their web site) for $30.
4) from www.headphone.com for $30 (while supplies last!)

Moral of the story? If you really want the 35s, order from headphone.com now. Even people who ordered from Koss recently are complaining about the lengthy wait, so headphone is the place to buy.

Good luck!
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2002 at 11:38 PM Post #3 of 14
I've been waiting for mine over a month. TBH, I think they were out of stock and had to get more, but, I would think the supply is pretty much dried up.

I did get a set of KSC-35's from another source, as I wasn't sure if Koss would come through and I would have put the second set of KSC-35's in a deposit box. Good thing I made contingency plans, as I may have been screwed over by Koss......Anyone else still waiting for theirs?

Feb 27, 2002 at 12:25 AM Post #4 of 14
yes i'm still here. i'm trying to reach koss directly, but they're located in wisconsin and i live in california. the person i was told to contact leaves at 4:30 central time, so by the time i get home from school (4 PT) the person is gone. i'll have to figure something out.

Feb 28, 2002 at 4:48 PM Post #5 of 14
hmm it seems to me that only headphone.com has these things.. i am been trying to search all over the place and i haven't found them anywhere else.. i just want to see if i can find them a little bit cheaper
wink.gif

Sep 3, 2003 at 2:03 AM Post #8 of 14
Well,

Its been almost a 1 year since I posted here and I still have no headphones, and I am looking for some again. I found the KSC-35 on koss.com for 29.99, but I am not sure if they are still the "best" headphone for that price... how does it compare to PX200 which I can get for 35 bucks.. Any information would be appreciated and its good to be back..

Sep 3, 2003 at 4:00 AM Post #11 of 14
Come on, don't wait for A YEAR TO DECIDE on headphones so cheap. Have some guts, people. Take the plunge.

Sep 3, 2003 at 1:30 PM Post #12 of 14
squalish:

its not that i don't have guts, its the fact that ksc35 were not in stock over a year ago, that i decided to give up on headphones and by the time i was too busy with school that i didn't even care about headphones... but now i am thinking about getting some kind of small mp3 player so i can run with cause i got some extra flab from last year thus i wanted to get good headphones..

Sep 3, 2003 at 6:33 PM Post #13 of 14
I ordered the ksc-35 on the 29th August.. They should arrive within 7-10 business days from the order, at least thats what they told me when I called them today
smily_headphones1.gif
I live in Europe, Estonia.

Can't wait!

Sep 4, 2003 at 12:06 AM Post #14 of 14
I resolved my conflict with Koss and am getting a new pair of 50's back. My dad will order a pair of 35's for me, too. I'll probably just lock away my 50's unless my 35's break.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back