KSC-35 vs. Porta Pro -- A new perspective?
Mar 1, 2002 at 8:08 PM Post #16 of 28
eek.gif

Isn't one of the strong arguments for the comfort and quality of Etymotics is they don't press on the ear but are in ear coupling the ear canal and the transducer?

It would follow that the reason ksc-35's are "amazingly comfortable" (no I haven't tried a pair) is because they hang uncoupled, that is, they do not press upon the ear--they are uncoupled from the ear canal. This, to me would require me to turn them up higher and that would lead to listener fatigue.

The Porta-Pros do press on the ear, and to a degree, do couple with the ear canal. I would surmise better than the ksc-35's.

Who hasn't put their hands up and pressed the earphones tight against their ears and noticed a distinct difference in improved bass and exclusion of extraneous noise yielding clearer highs?

Archie-
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 2, 2002 at 5:42 AM Post #17 of 28
Xevion....

that croakies mod is working out for you??? i did it to my 50's and found that it actually makes them LOOSER than before and less comfortable....what kind of croakies are you using???

Mar 10, 2002 at 2:38 AM Post #18 of 28
I would still definitely pay $36 for the KSC-35 over $23 for the PortaPros. IMO, the KSC are lighter, more comfortable, smaller/more portable for carrying, sound a bit better, and are more secure for active use.

Dec 24, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #19 of 28
Well you could get the Porta or Sporta for $23 & a pair of ksc75 for $15 then put the porta drivers on the clips and the ksc on the headband. We can have the best of both worlds for just a litle more of the ksc35 price.

Dec 24, 2009 at 8:48 PM Post #20 of 28
I can't stand wearing clip-style headphones, and I love my Portapros, so that's where my vote goes.

Dec 25, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #23 of 28
Holy crap, I remember when stuff like this was the only thing to talk about around here, and a quite popular topic at that! What an excellent blast from the past.

Dec 25, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #25 of 28
Congrats on your first post - XgergoX

Dec 25, 2009 at 6:15 AM Post #26 of 28
KSC35 all the way!!

Still using mine.

EDIT: Because the PP was $23, I voted for they are about even.

Also...necro thread ftw!

Dec 25, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #28 of 28
This thread may be old but not dead.
biggrin.gif
The prices on both headphones are almost the same.
ksc75smile.gif
And the point still is valid, you can have both (ksc75 and Sporta/Porta) for the price of a pair of ksc35.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back