ksc-35 vs mdr-d66 eggos?
Jan 10, 2003 at 5:49 PM Post #31 of 39
doobooloo
HI: WOW I am like 2-3 miles from there. If you want to hear the Eggo D66 in a public place and bring a friend if you would like I can get to the campus with the D66 and my Max Out META42 for you to listen to to see how much better it is over the D22. Now I am 60 years old and am just doing a hi-fi thing.

Jan 10, 2003 at 5:55 PM Post #32 of 39
WOW That would be great!
biggrin.gif
But the thing is... I will be in Hong Kong tomorrow, and I can get the Eggo D66SL for $80. I would LOVE to hear them before I make my purchase, but $80 is like, at least $30 bucks cheaper than what I would pay in the US with shipping...

I am leaning towards trusting you fellow head-fiers who have heard the D66s and love them and just making my purchase... AAAHhhhh!! what a dilemma! (a happy one, though!
biggrin.gif
)

Jan 10, 2003 at 5:56 PM Post #33 of 39
I owned the D77 and I thought that they were not worth the price. The main fault is that the bass was lacking and the music sounded like it was coming from too far away. I actually prefered my E888s which were muddier but had way better bass response.

It might be because I did not have an amp, I read a recent post that the sound of the D66 without an amp was pretty mediocre. It might me true for the D77 too.

Fortunately, the person whom I sold the D77s to, liked it. He actually sold the D66s after comparing it with the D77s.

Jan 10, 2003 at 5:58 PM Post #34 of 39
Just to add, he had a pretty cool setup too. Matching the D77 with the D-777, the top Sony portable products of its day (they were introduced around the same time),

Jan 10, 2003 at 6:01 PM Post #35 of 39
doobooloo
HI: Read this

SONY EGGO D66
SONY EGGO D66 REVIEW
Source SONY MZ-R700
AMP. Super Mini V3
The built of the D66 Eggo is well thought out. The headband is metal covered by rubber. The one wire is angled toward the back of the headphone somewhat and don’t get in your face. The ear cups are well made and small but big enough to cover the ear when the ear is inserted into the ear cup. The drivers are 40 mm and are angled from right to left and give a very nice sound stage. The comfort is fantastic and just disappears after a short while. The headphones fit like a glove with no space around the head. They fit snugly around the head to the ears. The ear cups look great and small and real good-looking and stylish. The wire is of a nice grade and well made and sturdy. The ear cups fold up very nicely to about the size of a mans fist. They are very portable and they are also Very light weight. The isolation is not all that much without any music playing. With the music off I can hear my TV sound but with the music on I only hear the music at a normal level. The sensitivity is 106 dB and can be used right out of a pcdp or mini disc but I always use a amp to better the sound and volume.
SOUND
These are the very best portable headphones that I ever heard bar none. The HIGHS are very strong and smooth. The MIDS are very actuate and up front and very clear. The BASS is real nice and strong but not overpowering. The headphones sound almost like full size headphones that I find most amazing especially for a portable headphone. The clarity is fantastic in all areas. These are real fun also to listen to for they have that certain fun sound of boy it is fun to listen to these headphones. The cost is 99.00 a bit high for a portable headphone but once you hear them the cost is just fine for the amazing Eggo D66 portable headphone.
RECOMENDATION
I highly recommend the Eggo D66 headphone for portable use. I have had many portable headphones, earphones, and ear buds and never had this caliber of portable sound
PS
The Eggo D66 sound at full potential with a portable amp.

Jan 12, 2003 at 8:07 PM Post #38 of 39
Yea...that is what I am afraid of. My first headphones that I bought as a result of suggestions from this site were the KSC-35s. When I first heard them I was literally in awe because I had never heard anything like this from headphones before. I loved them alot although my biggest problem with them was that they leaked sound like crazy and since I did most of my listening on the subway, I bothered other people and outside noise bothered me. I then realized that the V6s would be a perfect match for me since they had such high recommendations and they were closed headphones. I got them and broke them in for 72 hours before actually listening to them. At first I thought "Wow! These sound great and they are closed....perfect." However, after listening to them for a few days I realized I didn't enjoy listening to the music as much...somehow I felt as if something was missing. The music sounded boring compared to what I remembered from my KSC-35s. I am a true newbie when it comes to headphones but I just felt something was different. I sold them recently to order Eggo D66s and I really hope these share more in common with the Koss KSC-35s than the Sony V6s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back