Ksc 35 question???
Aug 29, 2001 at 7:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Buddha

100+ Head-Fier
To my great delight i found a set of these gems here in Perth
(Western Australia)...paid approx $32 US.

However, I find them comfortable to wear only in a reversed? position, clipping to the back of my ear.

In this position the cable exits the driver straight up, hardly ideal.

So... I would like to remove the driver and rotate it through 180 degrees so the cable exits downwards.

Is it a ball socket joint that attaches the driver to ear clip?

If so is it simply a matter of applying sufficient pressure to pull the two apart?

And would it clip back in the 180 rotated posn?

Cheers

Aug 29, 2001 at 7:15 PM Post #3 of 9
buddha: nice sn
biggrin.gif
Also, I tried wearing them upside down (albeit with reversed stereo effects) and I found the sound unaffected. If they are more comfy for this way (not for me....), go for it! The only thing I'd be concerned with is how long it takes to get them on. Perhaps it was inability, by I think this way is slightly more difficult.

Just some food for thought.....
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 29, 2001 at 11:19 PM Post #4 of 9
Thanx Mac, just performed this simple mod with no drama in about 30 seconds.

I guess all men were not created equal, as using these phones in the standard posn. would cause discomfort @ 15mins ... pain @ 30 mins. Now i could wear them all day, and they are still firmly clipped to the ear, and Coolvij, on / off time is unchanged.

Happy Camper

Aug 29, 2001 at 11:23 PM Post #5 of 9
All right - I'm happy for you!

Aug 30, 2001 at 12:01 AM Post #6 of 9
I have to say, Buddha may have found something LOL!

I just tried this "upside-down" thing, and I have to say that they are pretty comfortable this way. And they are surprisingly stable, too. Not as stable as the normal way, and a bit harder to get on right, but not bad.

Aug 30, 2001 at 1:04 AM Post #7 of 9
Well, I tried it as soon as I read it.....easy, since I had been using them with my MD at that moment....and they were VERY different. Comfy....yet still appplying pressure somehow......i dunno.

I never found the KSC-35 really comfy.....any way..

Aug 30, 2001 at 3:19 AM Post #8 of 9
We might be rugged individualists here "down under" but we still enjoy our comfort
wink.gif

The idea actually stemmed from the photo on the (mp3me) packaging which clearly shows the cable shooting skywards,
made me think that Id got the fitting wrong...

Oh, and btw, a tip for Aussies (and perhaps Canucks) looking for Koss phones, try your duty free shops and ask for the retail price if your not travelling.

Oct 21, 2001 at 9:14 AM Post #9 of 9
Hi Buddha,

Whereabouts did you find the KSC 35 in Perth? For how much?

I'm also in Perth, having a helluva time trying to get a pair locally...

Many thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back