KSC-35: one cord longing than the other?
Jul 9, 2003 at 6:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

KentWang

New Head-Fier
Whoa, the cord for my right driver is an inch and a half longer than the one for my left driver. Is that weird or what?

Jul 9, 2003 at 6:32 AM Post #3 of 10
Maybe they're designed to be right-handed, like you keep the CD-player on your left side (because you don't want your swinging stronger hand to hit it) so the cord to your right ear has to be a little longer. That'd be great because southpaws should be discriminated against as much as possible because they're an archaic race and are holding back the rest of the right-handed world from progressing to a standardized universe without scissors that either hand can use.

Jul 9, 2003 at 7:33 AM Post #4 of 10
I actually like the notion of one cord "longing the other" (title), but the 35's definitely have QC issues. Many of the clips have different pressure. With mine either the right felt like it was going to fall off or the left starting hurting.

Jul 9, 2003 at 9:19 PM Post #6 of 10
That's weird, because my 35's have cords the same length. so if I dangle them while holding the Y split in the cable, the headphones are both at the same height. Although when I received it, the clip on the right ear was definitely a little loose.

Jul 9, 2003 at 10:25 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by KentWang
Maybe they're designed to be right-handed, like you keep the CD-player on your left side (because you don't want your swinging stronger hand to hit it) so the cord to your right ear has to be a little longer. That'd be great because southpaws should be discriminated against as much as possible because they're an archaic race and are holding back the rest of the right-handed world from progressing to a standardized universe without scissors that either hand can use.

That would make sense if it was 5+ inch difference (like my ER6.) But 1 1/2 inches is just shoddy craftsmanship.

Jul 10, 2003 at 1:02 AM Post #9 of 10
Keep them and and they'll one day earn "super collectible" status, just like those error cards did in trading card manufacturing.

My favorite was the Billy Ripken "F--- Face" error card.

Jul 10, 2003 at 1:05 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by LobsterSan
Keep them and and they'll one day earn "super collectible" status, just like those error cards did in trading card manufacturing.

My favorite was the Billy Ripken "F--- Face" error card.

heheh. I have that card.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back