KSC-35 being discontinued again?
Jul 8, 2003 at 7:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

KentWang

New Head-Fier
So, I called Koss customer service because the clip on my month-old pair broke (I suspect that one of my intoxicated friends broke it while attempting to figure out how to put them on). They told me that they'd give me a replacement, but in the future they could only give me a pair of KSC-50's. She told me that the KSC-35 was being discontinued again. It appears that you can still purchase them from the website, but you gotta hurry. Sure, Koss said that this was going to be a limited re-issue, but I didn't know it was going to be this limited (~3 month supply).

Could someone give their customer support another call and ask them to check how many they have? I forgot to ask when I called and don't want to lose face by calling them again.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 8, 2003 at 10:08 PM Post #4 of 11
This is just speculation, but it seems possible that Koss has simply bought back the excess stock they had dumped and that has been available on the wholesale market at about $8/unit. Would give them a way of cashing in on the wave of interest without producing any more of the things.

Jul 8, 2003 at 11:04 PM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by Davie
This is just speculation, but it seems possible that Koss has simply bought back the excess stock they had dumped and that has been available on the wholesale market at about $8/unit. Would give them a way of cashing in on the wave of interest without producing any more of the things.

If I remember a couple of months ago they ran out of some of the components and made another run of parts. I think they made these from new parts as they do not have the same markings such as the Koss name on them. I am sure that if Koss thought there was a continued long term market for large quantities of the 35's they would continue to make them. My opinion is that they cashed in on a market segment and orders are slowing.

If you want them buy now or suffer through Ebay inflated prices when they are gone.

Jul 8, 2003 at 11:14 PM Post #8 of 11
Free shipping code still valid? Please let me know what it is heh.

Biggie.

Jul 8, 2003 at 11:39 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by NotoriousBIG_PJ
Free shipping code still valid? Please let me know what it is heh.

Biggie.

It ended some time back when they started the next promotion.

Jul 9, 2003 at 2:41 AM Post #11 of 11
KSC35's

I phoned Koss a couple of days after the reissue KSC35 first became avaibable. I wanted to get a old defective pair replaced or fixed. I was told they were only making 500 pairs and they would be selling them for one month only. It was a special limited batch that was being produced. Since a small number of 35's were being produced, they could not warranty my KSC35's with a pair of KSC35's. The one-month of availability was up long ago. It seems to me from reading the forum here that they must have produced many more than 500 pairs of 35's. I would guess it's closer to 5,000 pairs, than it is to 500 pairs. I don't think I would believe Koss customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back