KRK RP5 - idle buzzing/humming .. help!
Jun 2, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #16 of 23
i have krk rockit 5's. same deal. ridiculously loud buzzing!

it's coming out of one speaker and it fluctuates from almost unhearable to obnoxiously loud in relation to how recently they've been used. the other monitor is completely silent. buzz happens whether the sound card is on or off.

no clue what to do, but they're borrowed so i gotta do something :/

Jun 2, 2009 at 8:00 PM Post #17 of 23
Use RCA to mini cable and connect them to an mp3 player. See if the problem persists. Also connect everything to the same power outlet

Jun 2, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #18 of 23
yep, still buzzing. all i have to do is really just power up and let the buzz commence. i've plugged into a bunch of different outlets as well. went direct to my sister's ipod and that didn't change anything. weirdest of all is if i don't use that particular speaker for 2 days, the buzz practically disappears the next time i turn it on.

Jun 4, 2009 at 5:38 AM Post #21 of 23
I was having a similar problem I solved it with some cheap XLR male to female ground lift adapters. I went from having tons of blitter noise etc. to total silence.

Jun 5, 2009 at 6:52 AM Post #22 of 23
but I wasn't even using the ground/shield in mine, simply twisted pairs with the +/- lines and nothing connected to ground at all. still had the problem until I moved my audio card to another bay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back