KRK Rokit Series
Sep 4, 2013 at 8:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

chickenparm1223

New Head-Fier
OK, so I am looking for speakers that I can use mainly for dubstep/house/hip-hop/etc. I want them to be semi-portable, but still have nice bass.

I have been looking at the KRK Rokit 6 and KRK Rokit 8. The third generation of these speakers just came out, and are priced at around $200 and $250, accordingly, while the G2s are around $150 and $170 accordingly.

I heard that the redesigned port on the G3s makes the bass sound better. But I could also get the Rokit 8 G2 for less than the Rokit 6 G3. Suggestions?

Sep 5, 2013 at 1:13 AM Post #2 of 3
Well, I have not compared all these. I've heard the newer Rokit 6s. But the general rule is that when comparing speakers within the same model series, the larger driver should be more capable at producing bass. It's just easier for it (which is why bigger subwoofers are typically better). There's always exceptions.

To find people that have compared the G2 and G3 versions, I would suggest posting to Gearslutz. That's where a lot of audio production amateurs and professionals hang out who will be more likely to be familiar with the different studio monitor models than a headphone community :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back