KRK Rokit Powered Nearfield Monitor Appreciation!
Apr 9, 2011 at 1:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Borgbox

100+ Head-Fier
I know these aren't the epitome of high-fi monitors but it seems to me that they are an amazing introduction into the nearfield monitor world, especially at their price point. Some of us may use them as critical listening speakers, others as mixing and production monitors. Maybe you just use them to drive your neighbors MAD! Lots of us have them, lots of us love them. Show that love here! 

I use my Rp8 G2s for my amateur EDM productions and for some nice high-fi immersion into whatever I may want to listen to. I'm surprised I've not gotten a complaint from a neighbor yet because these puppies put out some sub bass and shake my little apartment like crazy. 

Apr 11, 2011 at 11:40 AM Post #2 of 12
I'll be able to join this club tonight when my RP6G2's arrive! I'm very excited as I've been drooling over the KRKs for a long time and did a lot of research to finally decide on them. 

I very well might skip class to go home and crank them!

Apr 11, 2011 at 12:33 PM Post #3 of 12
Awesome! Congrats on your purchase! Let me know what you think of the sound after you put a few tunes through them! 
beerchug.gif

Apr 11, 2011 at 5:04 PM Post #4 of 12

[size=medium]
I need a better apartment where I can spread these out further and angle better, but currently they are incredible. I just got them setup about 10 mins ago and I'm in love with the KRKs

I'm running these from my computer>>USB>>Maverick D1 tube out>>RCA. Not shown is my Bravo V2 tube amp and Alessandro  MS1i's

[/size]

Apr 11, 2011 at 5:17 PM Post #5 of 12
My wife uses the RP5's (old edition without the curved bezels), I definitely approve :) 

I can sort-of join the club, since I have KRK VXT4s.... not Rockits, but same company :D 

Apr 11, 2011 at 10:47 PM Post #7 of 12
Joined this club over the weekend :)

I am very pleased so far. My current setup is COMPUTER>USB>LEXICON I-ONIX U22>TRS>ROKIT RP6 G2. I am also using the I-Onix as my headphone amp and it is surprisingly good. I can't tell the difference between using the u22 as a DAC/Headphone amp vs my PeachTree Audio Nova (Grado 325's).

I have a flat desk, and am using Auralex MoPads, but i need to get the monitors higher to be at ear-level. Anyone recommend a good on-table/desk riser for the speakers?

Jun 15, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #10 of 12
I'm thinking about getting a pair of KRK monitors :p Should I get the RP5 or the VXT4? 

Jul 5, 2011 at 11:56 AM Post #11 of 12
I've not heard the VXT series, but, as they are the tier above the RP series, I would think their build quality and sound quality could be an improvement over the RPs. That's conjecture on my part and I absolutely love my RP8s, so I'd say it's really up to you and your ears (if you're able to audition them).

Jul 5, 2011 at 8:36 PM Post #12 of 12
i happen to have both in the same room at the moment - vxt4 on my desk, rp5 on my wife's.  the vxt4 sounds a heck of a lot better to be sure, though the bass cuts off way before the rp5s

Quote:
I'm thinking about getting a pair of KRK monitors :p Should I get the RP5 or the VXT4? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back