Kristin Hersh - Sunny Border Blue
Dec 14, 2001 at 6:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

neil

500+ Head-Fier
I've been a huge Kristin Hersh fan, since she was with Throwing Muses. She's been doing solo work for many years, and my current inventory includes Sky Motel and Strange Angels. Just today, I picked up Sunny Border Blue.

It's her latest album (just cut this year) and you know what? She records very well. Clean as a whistle. She's a rock-folk artist some pretty clever writing. Her style is pretty free-form, and far from trite. Just listened to it from to back for the very first time and really dug it. Check out some of her clips on CDNow and on a site that has to do with a lot of her projects, Throwing Music.com.

Any other Kristin Hersh fans out there?

Dec 14, 2001 at 12:18 PM Post #2 of 6
Have no solo work, but do have 4 of the Throwing Muses CDs:
-Real Ramona
-Hunkpapa
-Red
-University
Always liked this groups sound which is hard to catagorize other than the ubiquitous "indie" rock catagory.

Dec 20, 2001 at 7:59 PM Post #5 of 6
I have a couple of Kristin Hersh albums, which I metally stored in the "wasted money. never think about these again or let anyone know about them" section.

Last time I heard them was years ago I think.

Hmmm... I am going to dig them up and see if I was just deaf back then...

Dec 20, 2001 at 9:15 PM Post #6 of 6
Yikes -- wasted money? Phew. My favorite album of her's by far is Sky Motel. I've only had it on MP3 and just ordered it online last night. It's a sweet album, and I can't wait to hear out it sounds with a quality CD instead of someone elses crappy encoding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back