Krell KID
Apr 21, 2009 at 10:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

randerson3024

Owns the ultimate portable rig
Anyone tried this yet? I just received mine today. I am using it with a Yamamoto HA-02 and HD 650's. So far it sounds good, but I have no real reference as my Wadia is on the ship and routed through my Esoteric D-03, which should really sound much better. I am impressed so far. More to follow.

Apr 21, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #2 of 3
Wow, looks really industrial. It will be nice to hear your comparison to the Wadia. If Krell were to add some inputs and a headphone jack to the Papa dock they will sell even more. Thanks for posting as I never heard about Krell kid and Papa dock.

Apr 21, 2009 at 11:25 PM Post #3 of 3
Unfortunately, I won't be able to compare them any time soon. I work on a ship, where the Wadia currently lives with much better source equipment. The KID was purchased to use when I put up all my reference equipment before returning to work. So far, it sounds pretty good. I may take it over to a buddy's house who owns a Wadia 581 and see what it sounds like through his system. Right now, all my gear has been put away in anticipation of traveling soon. The next time I am home the D-03 should be here and I will be using a Reimyo DAP 777 on the boat. The Wadia is so inexpensive, I will buy another for comparison.

Man, do I hate going back!
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back