Krautrock & 70's German space musik?
Feb 3, 2002 at 11:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

wab

500+ Head-Fier
Damn, this stuff is so cool. I have some Neu!, kraftwerk and Tangerine Dream CD's that I like a lot. I am looking for some more CD's in this vein that would be worth checking out. I know there's some people here who listen to this stuff, what are your fav CD's in this genre?

Feb 4, 2002 at 5:05 AM Post #5 of 10
I would listen to Demetrio before I listen to to AMG. However, if I didn't have anything else to go on, I might possibly check to see what AMG have to say.

You need to add Klaus Schulze to your list of must-listens. Dig It is a pretty good album to start with. X is my personal favourite. Mirage is delicate, if you want to try something softer. Body Love, Volume 2 is another classic.

Unfortunately, I'm not that familiar with "true" Krautrock -- Can, Neu!, etc. So wouldn't know what else to recommend you, but from what you listed, I would definitely add at least one Klaus Schulze title to your collection.

Feb 5, 2002 at 6:49 AM Post #7 of 10
Wow, lots of stuff for me to explore. I didn't realise there was so much of this out there. I will try to find CD's by those bands you mentioned.
Dusty, I got "Dig It" from the library but I didn't really enjoy it. However "X" is awesome! thanks for the tips.

It would be so cool to be a hipster in the 70's, too bad I was born 20 years to late for that.

Feb 5, 2002 at 7:16 AM Post #8 of 10
Unholy crap, you have a library that stocks Klaus Schulze? That is one coolass library...I need to move there...(looks to see where you live)...oh, well, that figures...I don't want to move out of the US...

Feb 5, 2002 at 10:44 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Unholy crap, you have a library that stocks Klaus Schulze? That is one coolass library...I need to move there...(looks to see where you live)...oh, well, that figures...I don't want to move out of the US...

Yep, they have a lot there. You wouldn't believe what obscure stuff I found in their collection..
I personally would move to a lot of places but never to the US.

Feb 6, 2002 at 2:28 AM Post #10 of 10
I gotta get me outta Chicago!!
I'm ready to go to the continent-I need a change, actually the US does have some cool places too!
Maybe I could follow some bands around for a while and then call up my wife when I find a place to land.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back