Kramer Mod
Dec 4, 2007 at 10:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Truckyx

New Head-Fier
Hi, I have listened to shure e2c's every day for around four years now, and have been constantly underwhelmed by the bass.

I hear the kramer mod can help, but I can't find the thread with the instructions. Any help?

What is the general consensus on the kramer mod?

Dec 4, 2007 at 10:57 PM Post #2 of 8
The Kramer mod is a mod for the Koss KSC75 to add "sparkle" to the treble. Unless there's a different Kramer mod I'm not aware of, it can't help you.

Dec 4, 2007 at 11:59 PM Post #3 of 8
there is a kramer mod for the e2c...basically take off the tips, and when you look at the tube you can see plastic covers part of the opening restricting sound coming out.

File down the tip until you have removed that piece that partially covers the opening and BAM much better sound!

Dec 5, 2007 at 12:06 AM Post #4 of 8
You don't have to fit it down.

take a staple and insert it into the plastic cover and pull

the piece comes right off. If it doesn't work the first time, just keep trying or use a different staple.

Dec 5, 2007 at 12:41 AM Post #5 of 8
That worked really well. I found a staple too bendable, so I used a nail.

As far as the sound goes, the overall quality increased. Instead of being somewhat cold and clinical, the ranges mesh together better. Bass is not so thin and precise, instead it is slightly boomier or "fatter". Highs and mids are punchier and far brighter.

Now how do I stop an ear wax flood of biblical proportions from submerging the drivers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back