Kramer+Headband Mod KSC-75(PICS)
Dec 22, 2006 at 2:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

roboboy

New Head-Fier
Headband is from Sony phones MDR-101..attached with glue, all holes were drilled. The headband had cups on the end and really messed with the sound originally as it turned the KSC's into closed heaphones so i decided to drill some holes in cups to make it some more open. Enjoy the pics
280smile.gif

Dec 23, 2006 at 12:26 PM Post #2 of 3
This is my first review of a headphone product so sorry if its abit all over the place.

The over the head conversion was just for comfort and has done little to the sound except maybe very slightly affect the open backed design. The over the head conversion now enables me to wear my KSC-75's for much longer periods then before as they were quite heavy on my ears.

Sound: Bass is more clear than before the Kramer inspired mod, its pretty good for the music i usually listen to "indie rock" a little Eq tweak helps for the more bassier songs. Mid-Range is quite strong on these phones. Treble/highs are brilliant sometimes even too much, i find it has the new ability to just float this is good for Jazzier, pop and classical peices but gets slightly annoying on some "Rock" songs as the cymbals are just always bang in your face. I have not modified the foam pads as Kramer has done and I do not intend to as i think the treble is quite enough and the sound is just open enough for my liking. The mod of the grill has definately affected the detail i can hear with these phones but i think it may be due to the fact that the phones have just "opened up" and the music has been pushed out into the open air allowing my ears to hear and separate the bass sounds from the highs. I really enjoy this new airy feel the KSC's have to them and if these are just cheap $20 i can only imagine what a pair of grados, a tube amp, a Sinatra record, a leather lounge chair, a glass of red wine in he left hand and a cuban in the right would feel like...heaven on earth.

Now where to go from here
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back