Kraftwerk to Reissue 8 Remastered Albums Oct. 5
Aug 16, 2009 at 12:54 PM Post #3 of 38
I'm the operator of my pocket calculator.

Aug 17, 2009 at 8:06 PM Post #4 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting... I wonder how much better they will sound?

or how much worse they will sound? Still, I"m a sucker for a nice box set, so if the presentation and material are first rate, they'll most likely get my money.

Oct 4, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #5 of 38
I just noticed these on Amazon for release this week. I was not tracking this at all. I am most interested in getting a copy of Man-Machine as I do not own a copy in any form. The rest will depend on the new SQ. I do really enjoy Kraftwerk.

Does anyone know what additional is coming on these discs? Unreleased material? They are selling for 18.98 and the only songs listed are the original order. I would hope we would get a little more for almost 20 bucks.

EDIT: It seems now that the release date is here they have gone down in price to approx 13.99 on Amazon.

Oct 4, 2009 at 8:44 PM Post #8 of 38
Where do you guys see this? I looked on Amazon and the remasted box set is set for Nov 17, 2009 priced at $118.99

31ZkolhaloL._SL160_AA115_.jpg

Oct 4, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #9 of 38
search Kraftwerk Remastered in Amazon and they should all come up individually. Make sure you are in the music section of Amazon- that will help streamline the search.

Oct 4, 2009 at 10:50 PM Post #13 of 38
Honestly, if all you are looking for is a nice collection with some updates and great SQ just pick up Minimum Maximum. More music and its going for a lot less $. Don't let the fact that it is live throw you off.

Oct 5, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #14 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pangaea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone know what additional is coming on these discs?.

There is no additional material. The remasters are the star of the show, and of course the celebration of Kraftwerk, as the decade long electropop renaissance would appear to be at the height of public conscience.

The value is with the box set of course. $120 on Amazon breaks down to about $15 a disc. I bet smart shoppers will be able to find it sub $100 on the street.

The box set has a Wiki entry for more info: The Catalogue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oct 5, 2009 at 8:04 PM Post #15 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Link

CD, Digital, Vinyl

Thanks virometal, I didn't know this set was coming and will likely take part in this box set remaster. From the wiki article, I'm very interested in what art is added.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back