Koss - What's Your View On Their Quality and Lifetime Guarantee?
Sep 30, 2003 at 6:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

skagen

Banned
I was on a local Norwegian board and the guys there were discussing Koss headphones. They seemed to be skeptical of he "Lifetime Guarantee" and they also seemed to think that the Koss earphones were "typically American - very flimsy".

Now mind you, these guys here in Norway are getting majorly ripped off on headphone gear. The most popular mainstream earphone here are the Portapro/Sportapro and market price is a whopping 600kr (US $85 or so) for these!! You can only imaging the ridiculous prices people here are paying for high end stuff....

My experience has been pretty good with Koss. I have some KSC 35's and think that for $20 they are one of the deals of the century!! The lifetime guarantee is even a bonus on top of that - I woudn't dream about compaining on Koss. The earpads wear easily, but those are easily replaced at Rat Shack.

What's you guys view on this whole Koss quality issue?

Sep 30, 2003 at 7:31 PM Post #2 of 4
I sent back my KSC-50's and negotiated with them about using the 20 bucks towards a pair of 35's. Unfortunately, my dad didn't buy them directly from Koss, so we couldn't do that, but they shipped me back a new pair AND gave me free shipping! (I got my 6 buck check back). Not a huge amount of money, but it shows kindness on Koss's part. Good customer service.

I sent them in for a few reasons. One, there was grattle in the left earphone that WOULDN'T go away, no matter what. Second, my school environment turned out to be too much for them. The spring mechanism broke in the left earphone, and there were scratches and dents all over the place. I haven't take my new pair to school yet and plan to get some EX71's instead for school use.

Sep 30, 2003 at 8:27 PM Post #4 of 4
koss is awesome. i had a pair of orginal KSC50's that had a fabric-wrapped cord, and the fabric was known to fray and let wires come out. so, two years after i got them, i sent them back to koss without packaging or a receipt and they replaced them free of charge with the rubberized cord version. awesome service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back