Koss UR40 - good portable headphone?
Dec 13, 2007 at 5:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

hardstyler

500+ Head-Fier
So I just bought Koss UR40 and to me they look like they are suited for portable use. They are easy to drive and they look so COOL. Ear cups are thin and not sticking out. Sound signature is similar to KSC75 with better bass and cable is only 4 feet long. Perfect for portable use.

I actually prefer them now over the K81DJs. K81DJs have slightly deeper bass though. But the impact is similar.

What do you guys think? Anyone use UR40s as their portable/travel headphones? I think they are awesome
smily_headphones1.gif

EDIT: I forgot to say that they are also very light and comfortable.

Dec 13, 2007 at 5:56 AM Post #2 of 4
Plus they fold.

They actually have the same drivers as the ksc75, in the frame of a ksc35. You can literally pop the drivers out and put them on a headband, or put earclips on them.

Dec 13, 2007 at 5:59 AM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Plus they fold.

They actually have the same drivers as the ksc75, in the frame of a ksc35. You can literally pop the drivers out and put them on a headband, or put earclips on them.

Yeah folding is a great feature.

This is how you make a great sounding, cheap and cool looking headphone. Americans do it right
biggrin.gif
I think I'm becoming a Beyer + Koss fan
biggrin.gif

Dec 13, 2007 at 6:10 AM Post #4 of 4
I just wish Koss would do something sensible with it's high end and build something of a reasonable weight - say half what a Pro4AAT weighs - that is comfortable. Like an A250, but with better build quality, i guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back