Koss Ur29 vs Koss UR40 vs ihome ib40b
Aug 1, 2012 at 2:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

leadman

New Head-Fier
Hey, I'm looking to get either the Koss Ur29's, Koss Ur40's, or the home ib40b over the ear headphones. I am looking for full size headphones that have good sound quality and that I can wear on my bus without looking weird. Can anyone tell me which of these is the best or at least recommend me another pair. I have a budget of $50 and I am only going to get full size headphones. 

Feb 7, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #2 of 2
I used a pair of ur-40s for 6 or 7 years, then my dog ate them. Then I got a pair of UR-29s to replace. the 29s arent as solid on the highs, but seem to extend lower than the 40s do. the 29s take much more power than the 40s did before sounding bad. to my ears the 29s, through my marantz receiver are heaviest at 250hz

The 40s are an open design, you get more noise in. the 29s are closed, more isolation. I actually lined the inside of my 40s with masking tape to close them. I prefer the closed.The 40s seemed easier to drive than the 29s, on ipod nano and cheap android phone. I plan on building cmoy for my 29s, but I wear them working in a factory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back