Koss Tony Bennett Special Edition on sale- picked up a pair
Oct 2, 2012 at 5:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

barondla

1000+ Head-Fier
The store B&M Tuesday Morning is selling them for 49.95. Dad bought a pair and they sound really good. Might have to get me a pair. Already have Audio Technica electrics, Grado 60, and Sennheisser 600.
anks
barondla

Oct 6, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #5 of 10
check out the unboxing.

Oct 6, 2012 at 1:11 PM Post #6 of 10
Regarding the production - my understanding is they only existed from Sept 20 2011 to Sep 20 2012, to correlate with Duets II.

Regarding the fold - AFAIK they don't fold beyond laying flat for their case - they can't do the "praying hands" like the M50, or the "inverse praying hands" like the PRO900. I think the folding is just so you can get one of the cups by itself for monitoring or something - I don't know.

And as far as ControlTalk - the KTC cable from PRODJ200 should work, but I don't think Koss sells it separately. Perhaps if you called them and asked real nice; otherwise just rip one of the cables off your Beats headphones lol. :p

Great video as always!

Oct 6, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:
check out the unboxing.

Thanks! As for your comment about the download, it's pretty high quality for something free. It's 320kbps MP3 and sounds fairly good.
There's one or two songs where some of the vocals sound distant, but it's due to the recording. I really should listen to this album again.

What's disappointing is that Koss doesn't sell cables separately. A straight one directly from Koss without the MIC/remote sure would be nice.
I keep suggesting them to offer some pad upgrades for sale, but not likely that'll happen. M50 pads will do for now. I need to try the HM5 pads.

I want a DJ1000 with memory foam pads and non-round cups. Something open with a similar signature would be nice.

Koss could work on the comfort of their headphones a bit. Maybe they can get some ideas from the Philips Uptown. That thing looks extremely comfortable.
The KRK pads are too. The problem though is price..all these fancy extras would cost more.

BTW I'd be interested in impressions too. My pair sounded perfect right out of the box luckily.

Oct 6, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #9 of 10
The V-Moda iPhone cable works well too.

But you have so many pairs of Beats with a billion spare cables, lol. :p (seriously in one of your unboxings you pulled out no less than THREE separate cables for one pair of headphones, surely one of them must work?)

V-MODA's cable is probably cheapest though. Although I did see that the Bose OE2 cables don't use custom terminations, and the audio-only version is only like $6. Might be a nice source for a replacement. Didn't look for the ControlTalk one (I know they make one though).

Thanks! As for your comment about the download, it's pretty high quality for something free. It's 320kbps MP3 and sounds fairly good.
There's one or two songs where some of the vocals sound distant, but it's due to the recording. I really should listen to this album again.

+1.

What's disappointing is that Koss doesn't sell cables separately. A straight one directly from Koss without the MIC/remote sure would be nice.
I keep suggesting them to offer some pad upgrades for sale, but not likely that'll happen. M50 pads will do for now. I need to try the HM5 pads.

The line I've always gotten from them is that they don't sell cables separately, on their website. But if you call them they will. At least regarding the ESP and replacements for other cans.

I want a DJ1000 with memory foam pads and non-round cups. Something open with a similar signature would be nice.

It's called the ESP/950. :wink:

Koss could work on the comfort of their headphones a bit. Maybe they can get some ideas from the Philips Uptown. That thing looks extremely comfortable.

Which Philips is that? If it's the one I'm thinking of, it is *not* extremely comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back