Koss SportaPros are 12.99 at jr . com
Feb 25, 2006 at 1:12 AM Post #16 of 41
headband not detachable from drivers ..
but if you pull strong the drivers from the headband positions , they will break from the holder and leave place for something else you'd want to work-on (or glue on) .

Feb 25, 2006 at 1:19 AM Post #17 of 41
lol anyone want to ship a pair to the UK?

i'll pay shipping plus extra $$
smily_headphones1.gif

you know you want to

Feb 25, 2006 at 1:46 AM Post #21 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlindTiger
If this is a dupe, mods pls delete.
I see the sportapros are 12.99 at j and r today, that's a much better bargain than the portapro2's at 19.99.
I plan on getting a pair later.

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=24803

Well indeed it is a bargain but I will take the PP anyday over the SP, the Portapro look a lot sturdier, this look really flimpsy, I own two of the PP2 and they are really well done for portable use....

Feb 25, 2006 at 1:57 AM Post #23 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonic_rage
but you cant go wrong for 13 bucks flat...

PP2 at J&R is cheap too, but with shipping it comes out to just under 26$, double the cost of a sportapro.

Well, that is fair enough, I think....
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 2:15 AM Post #24 of 41
Man, J&R rocks for headphone deals!

Feb 25, 2006 at 4:31 AM Post #25 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by tezzla
lol anyone want to ship a pair to the UK?

i'll pay shipping plus extra $$
smily_headphones1.gif

you know you want to

looks like you're in the same case as me
plainface.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 4:41 AM Post #27 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by boodi
'35 , SportaPro and PortaPro use the very same drivers , share quite the very same sound ( apart from mmetric positioning over the ears ..) ; they share an easy-on-ear sonic signature : air , nicely warm bass , little dose of impact - and groove .

The Sporta-Pro are the most easy to carry on , very un-noticeable for my head and ears comfort-wise also because I like to wear them on jogging , and they give me the best air feeling while sound's on too. They're foldable .

The Ksc-35 are Sport-Pro on clip , nothing more nothing less , they can be better or worse then 35' depending only on your comfort point and use , the sound is very similar to Sporta-Pro , maybe a millimeter less airy ; they can be clampy (or not, depending on own ears shape and skin sensibility) with the clip ; they are not clampy on my ears ; they weigh on ears where Sporta-Pro weigh or press (very lightly) on head .

The Porta-Pro are the more bulky , more weight , not foldable , same sound , so no brain for me their behind both Sporta-Pro and '35.

The Ksc-75 are not same tier as '35
very_evil_smiley.gif
( sorry for '75 fan club ) less musical , less bass , less groove , more grainy highs , more bulky , and toy-look too.

I find the 35 and Sporta-Pro the more versatile , being lightweight and useful in different situations , and fun sound , "the" head-fi introductory portable headphone everyone should own, and a steal for their price .

The PortaPro's fold, are extremely light weight, and are just as comfortable as my A700s. A lot of people seem to have the misconception that the PPs don't fold. They actually fold quite a bit, and are quite compact when they are folded.

Feb 25, 2006 at 4:50 AM Post #28 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
Well indeed it is a bargain but I will take the PP anyday over the SP, the Portapro look a lot sturdier, this look really flimpsy, I own two of the PP2 and they are really well done for portable use....

but the pp2 is so... UGLY...
mad.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back