Koss Pro4AA Titanium Initial Impressions
Jul 6, 2003 at 4:54 AM Post #46 of 52
Quote:

Do you think these would sound ok out of my portable, using a MINT?

I would think a Mint powered by 2x9v batteries would work fine with the Koss 4AAT.
Quote:

I'm also curious about how they measure up against Senn280s - from what it seems, they're significantly better, closer to the 497s in sound... But with isolation! Any new thoughts?

I've had the Senn280 and I much prefer the overall sound of the 4AAT. Don't know about the 497. If you get the 4AAT, give it a long break-in, about 150-200hrs, before making any final judgement.

Jul 6, 2003 at 11:34 AM Post #47 of 52
Hey guys....have you listened to any DVD films with the new Koss Pro4AAs? Sounds like they might be a nice travelling phone for DVD watching on the bus or plane.....being able to fold up and isolate well.
John

Jul 6, 2003 at 9:34 PM Post #48 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by JMedeiros
Hey guys....have you listened to any DVD films with the new Koss Pro4AAs? Sounds like they might be a nice travelling phone for DVD watching on the bus or plane.....being able to fold up and isolate well.
John

Sorry, I haven't to any DVD films with the 4AAT. But they do isolate well, but they don't fold as compactly as say the Sony V6. And they are a little large (ie:Senn.600) and heavy (21oz.) I don't if you'd be willing to haul something that big around.

Jul 8, 2003 at 7:26 PM Post #49 of 52
OK guys...I was downtown getting the DVD of "Phonebooth" this morning...and popped into RS to have a look-see at these.

I bought them....they are burning in as I type and I will give em a good listen tonight and then again in the am.

Out of the box...plugged them into my Corda HA-1 mkII.......the isolation is great...bass is tight and pronounced...mids are too congested sounding right now for any early observations. But male vocals sound up front and highs are on the bright side.

14 Day return policy...so how can you lose...it's a great way to audition a new set of phones
smily_headphones1.gif

Later taters...

Jul 8, 2003 at 9:48 PM Post #50 of 52
Quote:

Originally posted by MagusG
Seeing as how I can get a pair of these for $75+tax I might pick up a pair when I get my bonus for this month, I listened to them once a few weeks ago, but I didn't get to pick the music and it was out of a crappy(read: extremely underpowered) Sony PCDP. I will post my impressions once I get to give them a good listen.
-Mag

75%

Bonus?

You're not a RadioShack manager or something, are you?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 8, 2003 at 9:57 PM Post #51 of 52
Does Radioshack carry the Pro3AA?

Jul 8, 2003 at 10:14 PM Post #52 of 52
fwiw, i havent seen the 3aa at any of the radioshacks around la.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back