KOSS Pro 4AAA: how to replace the curled cable ?
Mar 15, 2024 at 10:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

KolfMAKER

New Head-Fier
I am currently working an the restoration of my own KOSS Pro 4/AAA headphones.

One of the things I need to do, is to replace the curled cable. It is damaged and broken on several points in the cable. And I was able to find a similar looking, vintage curled cable.

So, I opened up and removed the Left shell, and got access to where the cable comes inside and is connected (see the square red marking in the picture).

I found out that the cable is 'locked' between the black housing and the metal ring. And that the metal ring must me loosened by 4 screws (see the 4 round markings in the picture). At least ... I have seen on a Youtube video that they are 4 crosshead screws. But in my case they are bolts, and they lay sunken. So, it is hard to get tools around them and loosen them.

temp-Image-V5w-Ug-L.avif

Question
  • Does anyone know how to get the black casing loose from the metal ring, with these bolts?

Mar 15, 2024 at 8:40 PM Post #2 of 3
It looks to me like you'd have to come at it from the other side. No experience with taking apart this particular headphone, that's just the way it appears.

Mar 20, 2024 at 7:41 AM Post #3 of 3
For further disassembly and to get acces to the incoming curled cable, one has to open up the shells from this side.
On the ear side there are no screws or bolts that can be loosened.

So, still looking for a way ...
Any suggestion is welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back