Koss Pro 35A vs ATH-AD500
Sep 20, 2007 at 3:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

tumama

New Head-Fier
Hi, i just bought my first "hi-fi" headphones, the Koss Pro 35A (USD $ 31). I was looking for the Portapro and couldn't find them, so i tried the Pro 35A. They really sound amazing for music (i only have mp3s at 192kbps or less :p) and for CS 1.6. But for my taste they have a little high pitched sound that maybe would tire me in a 2 hour movie.
I'm thinking of buying ATH-AD500 to watch movies in my pc (Integrated 7.1 sound card), but i think they will cost like USD $100 -$150, depending on taxes.

How much diference in sound are between those two? I'm going to notice that much difference? Beacuse its like $100 more.

Sep 20, 2007 at 7:34 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruckus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AD700 @ Audiocubes for $129

Awsome AD700 Review

I'm trying to decide between the AD700s and HD555's, would you consider this site a reliable source? The only thing I'm worried about is the amount of bass the AD700s can put out. I tried my neighbor's AD500s and the bass was a little lacking.

Sep 21, 2007 at 4:24 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nagasaki_Kid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you paid $31 for the pro 35 A!!! I paid less than halve that.

I live in Peru, everything paids 19% of taxes. And you have to ad import taxes, another kind of taxes that i don't understand and the comision of the store.
So you end paying like 50 to 100% of the price of other countries.
And btw, the minimun salary here is USD 155 aprox, so you can imagine that 30 bucks is a lot here! :p

Jan 5, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by wes.coleman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm trying to decide between the AD700s and HD555's, would you consider this site a reliable source? The only thing I'm worried about is the amount of bass the AD700s can put out. I tried my neighbor's AD500s and the bass was a little lacking.

I don't have personal experience but the AD700's are closed, whereas the AD500's are open. That almost definitely means the former will have a larger quantity of bass. It also means some other things, not all good.

I'd, of course, recommend trying them on yourself.

Jan 5, 2009 at 7:17 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ex~ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't have personal experience but the AD700's are closed, whereas the AD500's are open. That almost definitely means the former will have a larger quantity of bass. It also means some other things, not all good.

I'd, of course, recommend trying them on yourself.

Wrong, AD700's are open, AD500's are open. A700's are closed, and A500's are closed. I own the AD700's and the bass is there, but it isn't by anymeans powerful. Most people will find that the amount of bass these give will be insufficient, but its fine for me since I can't handle too much of it. The sound stage is pretty epic and wide, and its a really airy sounding can. Well worth the $100.

I got mine for $102 off Amazon shipped. I think it'll be a problem for you though since you do live in Peru and are taxed up the arse, you'll probably have to pay even more for them. If I were you I would just stick to whatever I have and leave this forum to save my wallet
biggrin.gif

Judging by the quality of my AD700's, I'm going to say that the AD500's will more than likely sound way better than the Koss headphones.

Jan 5, 2009 at 7:52 AM Post #10 of 10
Audio-Technica ATH-AD500 $74.99 & AD300 $55.99, both at Amazon. Good Luck.
Aloha
atsmile.gif

Headphile808

Users who are viewing this thread

Back