Koss Portapro
Oct 9, 2008 at 7:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

jwilliams91

New Head-Fier
Hi, just bought a pair of these upon recommendation. Does anybody know whether they are loud when using with an mp3 player, and whether this is adequate?
I ask because they appear to have a lower sensitivity that the free ones you are supplied with. I don't want a pair of headphones that are too quiet when on the go. Cheers

Oct 9, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #3 of 9
i use a creative zen vision:m 30gb, which i consider to be pretty powerful. I was just wondering whether the portapros would be adequate volume-wise? People seem to rave about the quality, but i'm not sure whether this includes volume. thanks

Oct 9, 2008 at 11:22 PM Post #7 of 9
Both my iPods (Classic and Mini) can drive the PortaPros fine. I have the volume at about 1/2 when listening at work. They aren't great out and about such as on the bus or walking near a busy street as they provide zero isolation. It's only in really noisy environments that it's hard to hear them but that's nothing to do with sensitivity, just the fact that they're open cans. They're great in environments that aren't too noisy.

Oct 10, 2008 at 1:37 AM Post #8 of 9
The Portapro is less demanding than some IEMs I have here...iti s not a hard to drive headphone at all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back