Koss PortaPro VS. Sennheiser PX100-II VS. AKG K518
Jan 13, 2014 at 6:22 PM Post #2 of 16
If these are the only choices and the noted genres are the only music you prefer, get the akg k518s, though check on genuine-vs.-fake threads for this model and check return/exchanges for the vendor you will use for purchasing. An akg authorized dealer is better for this reason.

Jan 13, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #3 of 16
If these are the only choices and the noted genres are the only music you prefer, get the akg k518s, though check on genuine-vs.-fake threads for this model and check return/exchanges for the vendor you will use for purchasing. An akg authorized dealer is better for this reason.

I figured that this models are the best budget headphones
So i cant effort much

Have you tried the koss? They got alot of better reviews then the akg

Jan 13, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #4 of 16
I figured that this models are the best budget headphones
So i cant effort much

Have you tried the koss? They got alot of better reviews then the akg

If you listen to more diverse stuff than the OP, then the Koss Porta Pros will work better for you. The Porta Pros will work for more general listening and the akg k518 concentrate the bass.

If you guys do not need portability and are on a budget, the sennheiser hd439 are $60 used on Amazon.

Jan 14, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #9 of 16
IMO, sennheiser px100 ii is more comfortable than the koss and easier to bring around.
sound wise, px100ii has a more "sparkly" high and slightly less but better controlled bass. personally i think px100ii is a better all around headphones.

Jan 14, 2014 at 7:53 PM Post #10 of 16
This is a close decision but the edge goes to the Senn. Better all-rounder. Of course if you REALLY wanted to save some change and still get an excellent headphone, you'd go with the Koss KSC75. Best bang for your buck in the audio industry IMO.

Jan 14, 2014 at 8:59 PM Post #11 of 16
+1 for KSC75. It's really good AND really cheap!

Only thing is they're on the bright side, so if you listen to very bright music you can find them fatiguing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back