Koss Portapro Vs AKG K-412 P
May 23, 2009 at 3:45 PM Post #16 of 19
Hi,
K412P is a succession model of K24p.
The bass is from Portapro to few models.
Because tightening the headband is strong, we will recommend actually installing it.

There is a cheap model named Sprtapro, too and examine it, please.
It is a model transformed into the overhead and the kneck band.
It is a light version of PORTAPRO.

By the way, Portapro is twice Sprtapro in Japan in the price. (*_*)

Regards,

Jul 18, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #17 of 19
I just picked up a pair of these K412P and I have to say WOW are these ever nice for their price! I love their sound signature and openness. The are quite forward in the mids which I am enjoying with rock. The bass full with only slight boominess and the treble is good as well. I like the soundstage and the detail is better than most of my phones except the JVC DX2 and my AD700. They are very comfortable.

All for $33Can!!! For Canadians these are a steal compared to Portapros! I am going to get a 2nd pair as a backup or for my wife.

I don't see any reviews of these so I think I may to do one.

Jul 18, 2009 at 6:14 AM Post #18 of 19
I have both of these models (AKG & Koss). AKG have better isolation and are more comfortable to me.

Koss are more open style phones. Koss looks and feels of cheaper quality.

AKG sound is more on the Bass side (muddy to my ears) and the mids are recess IMO.

Koss sound has a much wider sound stage, bass is a bit warmer and the highs are quite defined.

Overall, the Koss has a better overall sound IMO.

Aug 30, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:
I just picked up a pair of these K412P and I have to say WOW are these ever nice for their price! I love their sound signature and openness. The are quite forward in the mids which I am enjoying with rock. The bass full with only slight boominess and the treble is good as well. I like the soundstage and the detail is better than most of my phones except the JVC DX2 and my AD700. They are very comfortable.

All for $33Can!!! For Canadians these are a steal compared to Portapros! I am going to get a 2nd pair as a backup or for my wife.

I don't see any reviews of these so I think I may to do one.

I have to agree with Mr.Dweaver here. I very much enjoy the 412ps and still use them from time to time. But they do become uncomfortable after two and half hours or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back