Koss Porta Pros
Oct 30, 2002 at 4:29 AM Post #16 of 37
Hi,

I had the KTX 50 for a couple of weeks, great sound, very unconfortable.

Then I got the KTP PRO 1 , they have a head band and are much more comfortable to wear for extended periods.

Anyhoo... they pretty much sound like each other. I may have a little more bass in the PRO 1 's over the 50, because of the close fit to my ears , however they sound pretty much the same..

I know that the comparrisons before were between the porta pro's and the ktx pro headphones. However at $20 these KTX Pro 1's are worth every penny. They are comfortable, unlike the 50's and they sound really good for the price.

I got mine at Boarders books in the music department. You may want to check these cans out for your self.

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 10, 2005 at 5:35 AM Post #17 of 37
Thread resurrected from the dead...

I just ordered a pair of Koss KTX-Pro1's for my brother, and for the heck of it ordered an extra pair for myself (can't lose at $14, & need a backup pair of portable cans). I'll compare them to my Portapro2's and see if they sound similar, identical or what.

I rather like the sporty/modern look of the KTX-Pro1's, so we'll see about the sound.. will report back on this in less than a week.

Apr 10, 2005 at 7:34 AM Post #18 of 37
What is the difference between the portapro1's and portapro2's? I found a pair of portapro2's at circuit city and was going to check them out and realized the 2 on the end. Are they the same thing?

Apr 10, 2005 at 7:49 AM Post #20 of 37
Ive got a pair of portapros and i love em to death...

i even cut dime-shaped holes in the foam, i found the highs to be a bit clearer...

Im fairly satisfied with them, though i often do think about upgrading, but on my budget any upgrade would have minimal sound improvement from the PortaPros, so ive heard (IE. Eggo D66's, Grado SR-60's).

Apr 10, 2005 at 10:12 AM Post #21 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by waltermeyer
What is the difference between the portapro1's and portapro2's? I found a pair of portapro2's at circuit city and was going to check them out and realized the 2 on the end. Are they the same thing?

Actually, the PortaPro2 is the PortaPro Jr. resurrected with "updated" cosmetics. Koss once made a PortaPro Jr., which was a PortaPro(1) without the adjustable ear-pressure mechanism. In the late 1990s, Koss discontinued the PPJr. in favor of the SportaPro - but then, it took them years to realize that not everyone wanted a convertible headband. Hence, they took the headphone they had previously axed, tweak it and reintroduce it as a "new" model.

Apr 10, 2005 at 11:18 AM Post #22 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eagle_Driver
Actually, the PortaPro2 is the PortaPro Jr. resurrected with "updated" cosmetics. Koss once made a PortaPro Jr., which was a PortaPro(1) without the adjustable ear-pressure mechanism. In the late 1990s, Koss discontinued the PPJr. in favor of the SportaPro - but then, it took them years to realize that not everyone wanted a convertible headband. Hence, they took the headphone they had previously axed, tweak it and reintroduce it as a "new" model.

As a glasses wearer, I love the "confort zone" feature of the Porta Pros.

-Ed

Aug 25, 2006 at 2:01 AM Post #26 of 37
Holy ancient threadbump batman!!

Amazing that 5 years later people are still discussing the same things!!
eek.gif
eek.gif

Aug 25, 2006 at 2:38 AM Post #30 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by mckickflip
wait. did i just bump this thread that much? i don't know how i even found this thread :O

LOL thats OK. Keep the Koss love alive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back