Koss Porta Pros - new changes
Apr 4, 2009 at 1:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

dxy56

New Head-Fier
The miniplug for my Porta Pros developed a bad connection so I sent the whole unit back to Koss for repair under their lifetime warranty. They promply returned the unit....I think they replaced the old headphone set with a whole new one. .

I noticed that the headphone cord is now much thinner, and the miniplug is not a right-angle plug and is physically smaller than the previous miniplug.

The fantastic Porta Pro sound is still the same, but I think the new changes might mean that the headphones won't be as sturdy as the old pair. Has anyone else noticed this?

Apr 5, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #2 of 7
Troubling news indeed....

I haven't seen any of the newer pairs of PortaPros, but my old pair is looking pretty worse for wear - I'd been thinking about sending them back myself. But now I might reconsider....

Might have to try and snag a pair of those anniversary ones!

Is there a significant change in packaging for this new pair that would make them easy to identify?

Apr 5, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bat King /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Troubling news indeed....

I haven't seen any of the newer pairs of PortaPros, but my old pair is looking pretty worse for wear - I'd been thinking about sending them back myself. But now I might reconsider....

Might have to try and snag a pair of those anniversary ones!

Is there a significant change in packaging for this new pair that would make them easy to identify?

I concur. Indeed troubling.

I was also going to send in a pair of mine that has no sound in the left driver. I guess I'll still have t send them in though.

What's this about an anniversary edition? The Koss website still shows the regular pair as far as I can tell with the angled jack.

Apr 6, 2009 at 12:47 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by meme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is what you are looking for --

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/k...review-416234/

Thank you meme.

I must say, as a Portapro fan since '84 (the first model had a cool mute button on the cord), I have to say I'm interested in buying a pair. As I said in my earlier post, I didn't see them on their website, so I'm wondering where I can possibly pick up a pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back