Koss Porta Pros for $25?
Dec 4, 2013 at 12:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

goldenTym3

New Head-Fier
Amazon has them on sale from Cyber Monday for only 25 bucks new. They retail normally around 50. Wondering if they are worth the investment. From what I have heard they are great but I just wanted some second opinions before splurging. Not sure how long the deal will last

Dec 4, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #2 of 6
First--$25 for a pair of cans is far from splurging.  It is on the lowest end of the price scale for such a product.

Yes--they are a great buy for $25.  However, they are open and leak sound.  You may also find them to be less than comfortable.

Dec 4, 2013 at 12:49 PM Post #3 of 6
  First--$25 for a pair of cans is far from splurging.  It is on the lowest end of the price scale for such a product.

Yes--they are a great buy for $25.  However, they are open and leak sound.  You may also find them to be less than comfortable.

By splurging I meant for their price range are they even worth the time. I didnt mean it as in if I buy these I wont be able to eat this week. 

Dec 4, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #4 of 6
They are good value. 

However, for you guys amazon have the Panasonic HTF600 for extra $10. Not portable, but it's a better headphone overall. 

Dec 4, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #5 of 6
For me the Portapros are my bassy on ear headphones that very very comfortable. For $25 you can't go wrong. That being said if you are looking for $100+ quality sound in a cheaper form, they aren't the way to go. They are a very fun headphone to listen. The one annoyance is hair can catch in the headband. The other nice thing is Koss unlimited warranty, they break you send them back and get them fixed or new pair for just $9.

Dec 5, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #6 of 6
The Portapro was okay when it first came out many years ago. Now you can get the JVC HAS400  for $25 which has so much more detail and overall sound quality than the Portapro. The HAS400 is closed though, while the Portapro is open. If you must have an open headphone(to hear your surroundings better) then get the Sennheiser PX100II. Imo even the $10 JVC HAS140 open headphone sounds  better than the Portapro (but nowhere near as good as the HAS400).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back