Koss KSC75's a year or so later
Aug 3, 2007 at 7:53 PM Post #46 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Krohn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sherwood,

Your avatar and the post count of 666 go very well together!
biggrin.gif

ooooh.....mine too! 4 666
very_evil_smiley.gif

cool.gif

Aug 3, 2007 at 8:22 PM Post #47 of 54
Well, it was great until I had to run my mouth off again.

BTW, this is a temporary and regrettable avatar, but August is "emabrassing picture of yourself avatar" month, so here we are. If you don't have it, flaunt it!

Aug 3, 2007 at 8:58 PM Post #49 of 54
I just got my KSC75s and I'm wearing them right now. Got them for 8 bucks off Amazon. Pretty damn good sound for an $8 pair of phones.

Aug 4, 2007 at 3:30 AM Post #50 of 54
I've been through some headphones. I'm trying to deny that these $20 cans are better than anything I have ever owned (ranging from $1 to $150). But I am kidding myself. I can go months persuading myself that my Senn's and Grado's are better, but when I put the 75's on, it's always instant realization that these things kick butt. My ears were made to listen to the 75's. I am now weary to buy new cans because I haven't been impressed by any others.

Aug 4, 2007 at 6:44 AM Post #51 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
confused.gif
I always found the KSC75 a bit thinnish in the upper register...

same, when i had the k81s

Quote:

Originally Posted by locu64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed. I would still be a content person if I only had my KSC75 and EP630 (for portable). In fact why do I keep buying more?
biggrin.gif

amen brotha

Aug 4, 2007 at 7:38 AM Post #52 of 54
Here are my modded KSC 75s (It took a few tries but I finally got the headband mod to work well. Used one piece of string on each earpiece rather than 2/3 eac h (which makes it stay on a lot better), a folded piece of index card + hot glue on each side where the cable contacts the headband housing to reduce microphonics when the cable rubs the housing.)

mod1pi7.jpg

mod2hd4.jpg

rs1smile.gif

Aug 6, 2007 at 4:03 AM Post #53 of 54
After burning them in for about 24 hours, all I can say is "wow!" They sound as good to me as my Alessandro MS-1s. I might even prefer the KSC75 to the MS-1 for some of my collection. Bruce Springsteen's Thunder Road sounds incredible!

Aug 6, 2007 at 8:15 AM Post #54 of 54
***frowns***

Users who are viewing this thread

Back