Koss KSC75??
Sep 25, 2004 at 2:58 AM Post #46 of 52
people seem to think that the weight between the ksc 50's and 35's was significant, but it really was the nature of the earclips. The 75's weigh even more than the 50's, but feel exactly the same as the ksc 35's. the weight is a non-issue.
Oh, btw, i recieved them today! First impression is that they sound similar, if not exactly the same as, the ksc 35's (don't have the 35's around anymore to compare). A major improvement is that the earclips can be bent and adjusted like the 50's, while retaining the comfort and hold of the 35's. The clip is a metal wire tube surronded by smooth, rubbery plastic in order for the clips to be able to flex. All these factors combine to make it a much better value (imo) than the ksc 35's, being that they are $10 cheaper.

Sep 25, 2004 at 7:38 PM Post #47 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbatth
i'm tempted just to take the hit and get these... but they're so much heavier than the 35s. i'll just buy the 35s.... i think. darn. lol.

I think the 35s look cool. I like the idea of being able to bend the band but the 35s just have that older classic look. They look like those older sennheiser 424s

Sep 28, 2004 at 5:49 AM Post #48 of 52
In regards to the ksc-35 warranty, I just got my replacement headphones, they are the Silver ksc-50's I belive. Noticiable difference is the weight on my ears, much more heavier than the 35's. In conclusion Koss is a great company, excellent customer support. I may reorder a pair of 35's or try out the new 75's.

Sep 28, 2004 at 9:16 PM Post #49 of 52
if you call Koss and argue about being given cheaper 50s instead of 35s, they should buckle and let you exchange them for 35s "just this once." they did for me. they still have some 35s lying around, they just don't want to properly honor their warranty.

btw, even if they were to send 75s & you wanted them, you'd be better off having them sennd you 35s, selling them, buying new 75s and pocketing the $10 difference.
cool.gif

Oct 6, 2004 at 4:47 PM Post #51 of 52
Sadly I missed that free shipping deal by like a week. Oh well, I just ordered one pair of the 75s. I'm just a bit worried about my MS-1s taking too much abuse and they aren't the greatest in terms of portable use. The 75s only set me back $35 CAD shipped, everything else I've in that price range has been pretty poor hopefully these will an improvement on my old bass-head KTX Pros.

Oct 11, 2004 at 7:51 AM Post #52 of 52
I posted the following in another thread:

The KSC-75 are a bit more comfortable than the KSC-35 and, thanks to the rubber on the clips, stay on a bit better; however, their sound is a bit inferior to the 35, mainly because the latter have better bass.

Overall, still a great headphone, especially for $20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back