Koss KSC75??
Sep 10, 2004 at 3:21 PM Post #16 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by delenda est Sony
The 60 ohms are nice, but so was the 67 Corvette, yet GM has gone on to make a few other good cars since!

But were any as good as the '67 'vette (or the '65 Goat)?

IMHO, GM cars are nice when you first get them but they're built so cheaply that they fall apart. I'm not talking regular maintenence and wear and tear. I'm talking about climate control knobs that break and fall off, windows that don't go up and down anymore, side body molding falling off, that kind of thing.

I do not know anything about cars other than having driven a lot of them. Maybe technology has improved things like suspension and steering, but to me, the changes that have been made over the last 30 years or so are primarily cosmetic or luxuries.

Koss on the other hand has some solid products and most of us are glad they're still making them. Look what happened when they tried to discontinue the KSC-35.

Sep 10, 2004 at 5:32 PM Post #18 of 52
ah the drivers are different than the 35s? where did the old paper drivers go? ah well maybe they lost the mojo, maybe they didn't - but it's worth the 20 bucks to find out.

Sep 10, 2004 at 8:48 PM Post #19 of 52
I think these are actually just modded KSC-50's that are more comfy.
I think Koss got alot of complaints saying the KSC-50 is falls off ears too easily and got the message, then decided to put out a KSC-50 that doesnt fall off!

NOTE: I haven't auditioned the KSC-75

I wonder if Koss is gonna make a "street-style" version of the KSC-75.

Sep 16, 2004 at 2:39 PM Post #21 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
yep just came out at Rat Shack - looks like they have a blue and silver version. The clip part doesn't look that diff, and the outside cover just looks a bit cooler, but all in all it looks like the same clip mechanism.

What Radio Shack did you find them at? The KSC-75's aren't on Rat Shack's website, and the sales people at a couple of the stores here look at me like they have no idea what I'm talking about.

Sep 16, 2004 at 8:17 PM Post #22 of 52
While getting some foamies for my stock SP-90 earbuds (they sound surprisingly decent for stock earbuds, though my PortaPro blows them away) I saw them at our local Ratshack as well.

Sep 16, 2004 at 8:22 PM Post #23 of 52
So who's gonna take the plunge?
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 16, 2004 at 9:56 PM Post #24 of 52
ME! already ordered em' on 9/12, but i havent got a shipment notice, just a notification that my order had been received by koss. hopefully they'll be here by tomorrow.

Sep 17, 2004 at 12:25 AM Post #25 of 52
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3805
ME! already ordered em' on 9/12, but i havent got a shipment notice, just a notification that my order had been received by koss. hopefully they'll be here by tomorrow.

Nice. Do you happen to have some other headphones to compare it with?

Sep 17, 2004 at 2:37 AM Post #26 of 52
I have the KSC-75s, received today. They are larger than the 35s, but are very comfortable. I have only listened briefly, and still need to compare to the KSC-35s, but the 75s compare favorably to the 35s soundwise.

I am planning to travel this weekend, so I will have little time for a full-review. I will try to post a quick comparion to the 35s tomorrow, but a full-review may have to wait until later. I am certain somone else will fill this void.

I do not like the additional bulk - but this may be an illusion caused by the silver phones, translucent ear thingy, and black pads. The all-black KSC-35s appear much slimmer.

There are several good design points that favor the 75s. First, they fit and hold very close to the ear. Secondly, they are more comfortable than the 35s. I believe they will be more durable than the 35s as well.

The only drawback, thus far, is the larger depth - probably due to the translucent cover on the ear wires (the part that holds the phones onto the ear).

I will listen carefully tomorrow morning and compare to the KSC-35s.

Sep 17, 2004 at 3:04 AM Post #28 of 52
I believe the 75s fit a bit better on my ears and are more comfortable than the 35s. The depth of the 75s is much larger. I estimate the 35s are roughly .75" tall when the ear clips are compressed. The 75s are roughly 1.25" tall and cannot be compressed - the ear clip pivots, but cannot travel close to the driver.

Sep 17, 2004 at 3:16 AM Post #30 of 52
My son fell asleep with the 75s on. When I lied down on the floor, without a pillow, the left phone fell off. When used with a pillow, the 75s are confortable - but they may slide off of the ear when sitting up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back