Koss KSC75 vs. Koss KTX Pro 1
Mar 15, 2014 at 5:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Jim McC

100+ Head-Fier
I have the KSC75 with the headband mod, and I love them. Has anyone heard both of these, and are you able compare the sound? How is the comfort of the Pro 1's headband, and clamping pressure on ears? Thanks.

Mar 15, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #2 of 5
I have both and prefer the KSC75 sound.  It just sounds more "natural" to my ears.  Things ambiently seem to spread out more "realistically", even though they both have a similar frequency response.  I suspect its a combination of the KTX Pro earpad pressure, and the  differences in enclosure geometry and perforations behind the diaphragm.  I am not sure exactly what it is though.

Mar 15, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #4 of 5
  Thanks. How would you describe the comfort and clamping pressure on the ears of the Pro 1?

Is the Parts Express headband the only one that fits the KSC75?

I have a big head and it exerts moderate pressure for me.  Tight enough to stay put walking around, jogging and when lying down.  They were my main sleep-cans with big yellow HD414 pads.  The headband is very comfy too. 

Mar 16, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #5 of 5
  I have a big head and it exerts moderate pressure for me.  Tight enough to stay put walking around, jogging and when lying down.  They were my main sleep-cans with big yellow HD414 pads.  The headband is very comfy too. 

Thanks. Does anyone know if the Parts Express headband is the only one that fits the KSC75?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back