Koss KSC75 questions
Jan 23, 2007 at 11:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

KTamas

Head-Fier
Hi

I'm interested in buying the Koss KSC75 which is loved by pretty much anyone on these forums as it seems, so I have no doubt that it does indeed sound great.

However I have two questions:

1. Will the clip-on work with eyeglasses? (maybe its a stupid question, but it doesnt hurt to ask)
2. I use my HTC Universal PDA (iMate JASJAR, Qtek 9000, T-Mobile MDA Pro etc.) as a source (it is not the best, but it sounds okay enough, till I get an iAudio U3 again). Will it be able to drive the KSC75, since it has 60 ohms of resistance? Anyone uses it perhaps with other PDAs?

Thanks in advance,
KTamas

Jan 23, 2007 at 12:00 PM Post #3 of 23
sorry to hijack but....since this is a KSC75 questions thread... i have one to ask...

whats the driver size for the KSC75?

Jan 23, 2007 at 12:16 PM Post #4 of 23
My Wife wears MY KSC75 way too much! And She wears them with glasses and has made no complaints about comfort.

...if I can find them, I'll try to measure them...if I can figure out how!

Jan 23, 2007 at 3:45 PM Post #5 of 23
KTamas,

I'm looking to use my ppc6700 (sprint version of mda) as my source. I, however, am having a problem finding a good adapter for the headphone plug. I've tried two, but they both lost sound when plugged in all the way. If I unplug them a little bit, I then get sound.

Do you have a suggestions for a good adapter?

Will

Jan 23, 2007 at 3:49 PM Post #6 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by wad06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
KTamas,

I'm looking to use my ppc6700 (sprint version of mda) as my source. I, however, am having a problem finding a good adapter for the headphone plug. I've tried two, but they both lost sound when plugged in all the way. If I unplug them a little bit, I then get sound.

Do you have a suggestions for a good adapter?

Will

Yeah that is because HTC's propriatery (though I've heard some Nokias has that, too) 2,5" plug which has 4 contact points instead of 3. Pocket PC Techs has a working adaptor here, or there is another version with a built-in mic here.

Jan 23, 2007 at 3:51 PM Post #7 of 23
Thanks for the info guys
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 23, 2007 at 4:31 PM Post #8 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by F107plus5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My Wife wears MY KSC75 way too much! And She wears them with glasses and has made no complaints about comfort.

...if I can find them, I'll try to measure them...if I can figure out how!

Why don't you get her a pair? I'm sure she'll love 'em...

Jan 23, 2007 at 4:49 PM Post #9 of 23
Well, you asked for information not a testimonial but....

I have a fair amount of hearing loss... I'm a 40 year old male who used to race cars, shoot 100 rounds a day+ and listen to Zeppelin really loud... You do the math.
wink.gif

Anyway, I have a $70 DAP from RS that has better SQ than my iPod(s) and listening to The Phantom thru it and the KSC-75s came within a mm of bringing a tear to my eye. (no joke)

Bottom line: If the KSC-75s interfere with your glasses, get contacts and buy them anyway.
icon10.gif

Jan 23, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #10 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Some geek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bottom line: If the KSC-75s interfere with your glasses, get contacts and buy them anyway.
icon10.gif

They really don't though...

Jan 23, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #11 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by KTamas /img/forum/go_quote.gif

1. Will the clip-on work with eyeglasses? (maybe its a stupid question, but it doesnt hurt to ask)
2. I use my HTC Universal PDA (iMate JASJAR, Qtek 9000, T-Mobile MDA Pro etc.) as a source (it is not the best, but it sounds okay enough, till I get an iAudio U3 again). Will it be able to drive the KSC75, since it has 60 ohms of resistance? Anyone uses it perhaps with other PDAs?

Some people reported they have no problem with KSC-75 and they wearing glasses. For me, no glasses but feel little uncomfortable only at left ear. So... I guess the answer depends on the shape of your ear. You may need little creative bending of the clip.
And Yes, this phone works well with weak source like your portable mp3 player or walkman. My guess is it will work well with your PDA too, unless the PDA has exceptionally weak sound. But you'd better had a headphone amp, because the phone work way better with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maDmaN

I think its driver size is 35mm or something like that. Total diameter of the phone housing is about 2 inches.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Some geek
Anyway, I have a $70 DAP from RS that has better SQ than my iPod(s) and listening to The Phantom thru it and the KSC-75s came within a mm of bringing a tear to my eye. (no joke)

That KSC-75 of yours cause you tear within a min? That's evil.
Man... you got one more thing to take care of besides your ears.
wink.gif

My thought is... I can understand ppl dropping tear when they switch to KSC-75 from the crappy earbud that comes with their portable player.
If you don't want to spend a king's ransom on headphone but still want descent sound, get one. It is a real deal for less than 20 bucks.
wink.gif

Jan 23, 2007 at 7:46 PM Post #12 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by diff_lock2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why don't you get her a pair? I'm sure she'll love 'em...

Unless I miss my guess....I already have.
frown.gif

.....but yup! She absolutely loves them!!
smily_headphones1.gif

---------------

I did get a consolation prize however.
tongue.gif

....I got my MS-1s back from her and the kids! The MS-1s are all MINE again!!
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 23, 2007 at 9:35 PM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by mADmAN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sorry to hijack but....since this is a KSC75 questions thread... i have one to ask...

The KSC-75 driver size is 40 mm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back