Koss KSC75 or PX100 for my dad!!!
Jul 15, 2007 at 6:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Raymate

100+ Head-Fier
I have PX100 and my dad wants a new pair of headphones.

He likes the look of the white Koss KSC75 clip on style.

Now I have never heard Koss cans before. How do they fair against my PX100 (white)?

He listens to all sorts of stuff and they will be used with a Nano.

Are they any good ?

Jul 15, 2007 at 6:55 PM Post #4 of 8
I hate ear clips. I think most people prefer a band they just stick over the head. They're both good for the cost but I'd get the ones you think he'd be more comfortable wearing.

Jul 15, 2007 at 7:20 PM Post #6 of 8
The new version PX-100 really isn't that dark. I kinda wish people would stop basing their current recommendations on what the previous version sounded like. And besides, you already have it, so I would hope you know what it sounds like.

If your dad likes the clip-on style, then go for the KSC75 - they do actually sound really good. I don't like clip-ons, which is part of the reason I prefer the PX-100. I have compared the two, and sound-wise, I think the PX-100 is superior (I'd say it has a somewhat 'richer' sound), but it's probably not worth twice the cost just for that.

So yeah, if he thinks he'll like the clip-ons, he should just go for the KSC75.

Jul 15, 2007 at 7:58 PM Post #7 of 8
The old PX100 is a dark & undetailled piece of crap, the KSC75 sound much better. However, the new & brighter PX100 is much better than the old version, I like it even (slightly) better than all the 60 Ohm Koss creatures. Recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back