Koss KSC75 better than PortaPro?
Mar 6, 2007 at 2:43 PM Post #2 of 34
They use same drivers, but KSC75 has titanium coated driver so the sound is bit different, brighter and such. Depends on taste if its upgrade or not.

Mar 6, 2007 at 2:44 PM Post #3 of 34
To me, moving from Portapro to KSC75 is an upgrade. KSC75 has more controlled bass than Portapro. Also it has nice extension of low and high end of frequencies.

Go..Go..Go...get KSC75. It's a must have can for a head-fier.

Mar 6, 2007 at 4:06 PM Post #4 of 34
I also want a more expensive ksc75. I heart its sound signature, and simplicity
smily_headphones1.gif

Any great high end koss?

Mar 6, 2007 at 4:13 PM Post #5 of 34
What maza said- they're identical drivers with different coatings.

The PPs fit more tightly (generally) so have a better sound to my ears because of that.

When I press the 75s to my ears as tightly as the PPs sit, I'd be hard pressed to tell you which was which blindly.

Mar 6, 2007 at 4:34 PM Post #6 of 34
IMHO not better, just different. I find the KSC75 preferable. I replaced the standard porta drivers with the Ti-drivers from a UR40.

Mar 6, 2007 at 4:35 PM Post #7 of 34
Don't but KSC35s most certainly are. I know, they use exactly the same drivers, but still this is how I feel. Eventually I sold my Portas due the lack of isolation but I bought KSC35s because I got them cheap and you can never have too many headphones, can you?

Mar 6, 2007 at 5:12 PM Post #8 of 34
portapros are the squished version of the ksc75's??? OMG! that's what i was looking for!

too bad they're open, if they were closed that wouldbe perfect...

Mar 6, 2007 at 9:36 PM Post #9 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murugesh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To me, moving from Portapro to KSC75 is an upgrade. KSC75 has more controlled bass than Portapro. Also it has nice extension of low and high end of frequencies.

Sounds just like the change I want.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Murugesh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go..Go..Go...get KSC75. It's a must have can for a head-fier.

Ha Ha I guess it is, well they are so damn cheap, so I think I'll buy them.

Thank you all for the help.

Mar 6, 2007 at 10:11 PM Post #10 of 34
Gurra, you have nothing to lose giving the 75s a shot, but mark my words: you're not going to see the changes you're hoping for.

They *might* be a touch brighter (I didn't think they were), but regarding bass et al they're identical IMO.

When you get them, listen blindly (take your PPs off the headband, put identical covers on both, or remove the covers from both, and have someone hold them to your ears randomly), and see if you don't agree.

Mar 6, 2007 at 10:55 PM Post #11 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by rodbac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gurra, you have nothing to lose giving the 75s a shot, but mark my words: you're not going to see the changes you're hoping for.

They *might* be a touch brighter (I didn't think they were), but regarding bass et al they're identical IMO.

When you get them, listen blindly (take your PPs off the headband, put identical covers on both, or remove the covers from both, and have someone hold them to your ears randomly), and see if you don't agree.

I'll try this.

Mar 7, 2007 at 10:12 PM Post #14 of 34
I love my Kramer & re-wire 75's. But I also love my stock 75's too

Mar 9, 2007 at 3:48 PM Post #15 of 34
The veil hung to the sound when KSC75drivers was put up to the portapro
headband.
The side pressure of the portapro headband is stronger than my headband of
another piece.
The sound of KSC75 has approached the sound of portapro by stronger side pressure.
Therefore, KSC75drivers and portaprodrivers are applied to a soft headband of the side pressure.
And, the veil of the sound of portapro cleared up a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back