Koss ksc735 really that good?
Sep 22, 2008 at 5:58 PM Post #16 of 40
Wow lots of responses. Well I kind of want whatever I get to be good for running and working out. I like the idea of the sound magic since they are in ear and if they sound better than the koss than thats great. But I just need something that is convenient and wont fall out of my ears when running. After all I am not listening intently while I am running. That is what I have my hd 600's for
ksc75smile.gif

Sep 22, 2008 at 6:11 PM Post #17 of 40
The good thing about the KSC75 is that it has a lot of mod potential. Having said that while they are better than many $50 phones some people say that the recabled, kramer modded,headband modded KSC75s are better than the SR80s which is quite frankly plain ludicrous. They are a good deal, but not a match for any respectable $100 phone.

Sep 25, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #18 of 40
i just got a 75 to be my active alternative for my portapro (which carries the 35 drivers), and i say that the 35 drivers sound much better if you like low freq (bass), but there's something so suave about the mids on the 75s. really warm and great detail straight out of the box. considering that my portapros are really burned in, the 75s have the potential of being better than them after being burned in for maybe 40 hours plus a little mod here and there. about the yuin, is it better than the portapros? my bet is on my pros.. and i havent even modded them yet.
biggrin.gif

Sep 25, 2008 at 4:58 AM Post #19 of 40
As others have said. They're great for the price. I've owned the ksc75 too and thats also a really great value. But to say its better than anything under $500 is outrageous. My hd650 would blow it out of the water, no doubt.

Sep 25, 2008 at 7:20 AM Post #20 of 40
KSC75s are impressive. I would even rank them slightly above my HD25s in overall sound quality. The HD25s cost about $200 new!

However I think the the iGrado is a lot better and it can be had for around 45 bucks. It's a little bit more expensive but overall it's a very good deal as well and doesn't get a lot of representation around here for whatever reason. The KSC75 can sound very thin and wimpy at times while the iGrado brings a heavy more full sound. Definitely impressive for the price.

Sep 25, 2008 at 1:46 PM Post #22 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by pmartel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, um, er had it not been for the horrific earclips & not holding tight to one's ear as well as not isolating background noise!!

i think that was by design. the open design provides better airflow yet also provides a lot of leakage. this'll make the people beside you on the tram want to murder you, but it'll also keep you from getting run over when crossing the street. i actually prefer the open design since it allows me to listen even while driving, rather than pimp out on the car audio, just to spend a max of an hour a day in my car. that would be such a waste.

the earclips are a bit annoying, and dont provide enough pressure to press the drivers to your ear. some have suggested a headband mod for this, but i think then it'd depart from it's original values. mighty fine pieces for 20$.

Sep 27, 2008 at 3:06 PM Post #24 of 40
So I picked up a pair of KSC75s at Radioshack this morning for $12.49.

Incredible value. I owned a pair of SportaPros a few years back for ~$20 and loved the full, rich sound. They broke. I then picked up a pair of Koss KTX Pro Titanium 'phones at Radioshack, and those have held me over for a couple of years. Super comfortable, very impressed with them, until I started hearing a buzzing in the left 'phone at low frequencies. I considered sending them back to Koss for a replacement, but then realized that shipping + their fees would = a new pair of KSC75s. Saw that they were on clearance at Radioshack for $12.49, and here we are.

Impressions: The KSC75s seem to lack the elite bass provided by the SportaPros, but the 75s seem more well suited to other genres of music. For example, I'm astonished to hear how well they handle classical music. The sound quality is brighter and crisper than my Sennheiser HD555s! They do lack the warmth and "presence" of the 555s, but for $12.49 ... wow. I think I might pick up a pair of SportaPros for running and the occasional bit of bass-heavy pop music, but ... oh, and for what it's worth, all except the SportaPros were powered by an Onkyo TX-DS595 receiver.

Oct 4, 2008 at 6:49 PM Post #26 of 40
KSC75 is freakin' good

Oct 9, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #27 of 40
Just got mine today after waiting almost a month. They came all the way from New Zealand. Guess for €14 shipped I won't complain too much. I had the KSC-35, which was my first set of "quality" phones. The 75 seems pretty much like it. Had them on the iPod in the subway which was a little pathetic, just like the 35s. Now they are burning on the Cosmic. And how they burn. Claims that they do not scale with amplification are... well, I am of a different opinion. Wow. I would say they lack a little coherence and body, especially in the mids, and a little sophistication overall, yet at €10 that would be like complaining that a free Porsche came with an empty tank. The Koss bass is great, amazing if you "mod" by putting your fingers on them ever so slightly for a bit more pressure, and amazingly well controlled on these compared to the 35s and the PortaPros I had — it's been a while though, memories fade. I played the opening to "Money For Nothing" / SACD at insane volume. No distortion, not a hint of ringing in my ears afterwards. I have better phones, and I have portable phones better suited to my personal commute. But boy, these are fun.

Oct 9, 2008 at 11:32 PM Post #28 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by japc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone know where to get a cheap headband headphone compatible with KSC75 clipping slot? Would like to try it but with not glue or other handwork, just click.

x2.

Currently using KSC75 in Sportapro headband - top portable cans in my book, they go with me where I will not take Klipsch X10's.

So I still have spare Sportapro drivers (I don't dig clips at all) - would like to stick them into headband.

Oct 14, 2008 at 5:54 AM Post #29 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by pmartel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, um, er had it not been for the horrific earclips & not holding tight to one's ear as well as not isolating background noise!!

then KSC75 is not for you, try to find something else.. something worse like closed phones for less than $20. seems like your not into SQ, but for comfort and prolley showing off with your friends

Oct 14, 2008 at 6:02 AM Post #30 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lad27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2.

Currently using KSC75 in Sportapro headband - top portable cans in my book, they go with me where I will not take Klipsch X10's.

So I still have spare Sportapro drivers (I don't dig clips at all) - would like to stick them into headband.

Amazon.com: Mini Headphones: Electronics

This is the classic recommendation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back